Pori is both municipality and a city in Finland, located on the west coast. The city has its location around 6 miles away of the Gulf of Bothnia. It’s one of the biggest cities in Europe and its port is the biggest in Finland.
With this in mind, it’s important to note that the entire economy of Finland is dependent on the ocean-bound commerce.
If you are planning to relocate to Pori for pleasure or for business and you want to get your car imported with you, it’s highly advisable that you contract the services of a professional shipping agent like the A1 Auto Transport service. The company is highly regarded and reputable and has a lot of experience in shipping to Finland.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are two options laid out in front of you from which you have to choose. The option you select is going to affect the cost of the shipment. You might be interested in discussing the different options, so that you can calculate the cost of the shipment.
- Roll-on/Roll-off: Your car is going to be driven on the deck of a carrier ship where it would be securely fastened.
- Container shipping: You can choose between a 20ft or 40ft container within which your car would be stored. This is more expensive than the previous way but it’s also more convenient and secure.
You have to make sure that the RORO method is accepted as ports from Finland and US are handling the entire process. You’d also have to determine whether you want door-to-door service or door-to-port service.
- You’d have to submit the title deed of the car and the Bill of Lading. If you have a lien over your car, the lien holder has to specifically authorize the shipping.
- Driver’s license as well as owner’s passport.
- Insurance policy and Finnish proof of insurance.
- Additional set of car keys.
- Winterization – if you are shipping during this season.
- No valuables or other belongings inside.
In some cases, Finland allows import without imposing duties or taxes. However, this is only in the events of VIPs, diplomats and other of the kind. However, you are allowed to import up to 1 vehicle if you are going to own and use it for at least 6 months. There is also a monitory limit and if you exceed it, you’d have to pay the import duty. Your car would also have to comply with the European emission standards in order to get clearance or you’re going to have to make modifications and spend additional money.
If you are not sure that you can handle the process yourself, you should consider contracting professional as well as experienced car shipping companies like the A1 Auto Transport to help you with the procedure. This would streamline the shipping process and ensure a hassle-free transport.
You need to contact the Embassy of Finland to get further details about the import and export process so that you are aware of the requirements.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory