Ship Car To Popondetta
The city of Popondetta is situated in Papua New Guinea and is the capital of the Oro Province. The city is located close to Buna on the northern coast and it is adjacent to the beginning of the Kokoda Trail.
If you are moving to Popondetta sometime soon, it is best to plan the move of your vehicle along with the rest of the goods that you intend moving or you can even send in the vehicle early so that it reaches Papua New Guinea when you do.
Nevertheless, you need to make sure that the regulations are properly adhered to when you import your vehicle as this is going to ensure a proper time frame. The A1 Auto Transport is capable of ensuring that everything is done by the book as we are going to assist you with all of the shipping requirements when it comes to shipping to Papua New Guinea. We have over 20 years worth of international shipping experience and we are going to ensure that everything is handled perfectly and without any hassle.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Custom Duties and Exemptions.
You can import duty-free if it adheres to the regulations laid down by the Papua New Guinea Customs Department, as long as you meet the following requirements:
- You intend to stay in the country for more than 12 months from the arrival.
- You have owned the car for more than a year in the USA prior to the import.
- You can produce a proof of ownership for the previous point.
- Inspections confirm its roadworthiness and exploitation.
Regardless of whether you are here to work or you have a residency permit, you need to deliver the following documentation:
- Registration certificate.
- Driving license.
- Invoice of purchase.
Costs associated with the shipping.
In order to make a proper calculation, you would have to be able to know the entire cost of the shipping to the country. Apart from the freight charges and the insurance, you would also have to pay customs duties which amount to 40% to 110% based on the size of the engine. There is also a 10% GST when you get the clearance. Furthermore, you can build up these costs by leaving your car to stay more than it should at the port or if it needs to undergo inspections and many more things. Contact the Embassy of Papua New Guinea in USA for more information.
Two particular shipping methods might suit your purposes quite well. Air shipping is not amongst them, mainly because it’s very expensive. You can opt for:
- RORO shipping would require you to empty out the vehicle while it’s being shipped. You’re only allowed to leave the car jack, one spare tire, and the floor mats. The vehicle would be rolled on the shipping deck, located on the carrier and then transported to the destination port.
- Container shipping, on the other hand, would allow you to ship other personal belongings with your vehicles. You can fill in the container with them. However, these belongings have to abide by legislative regulations. Container shipping is generally more expensive but you’d have the chance to share it with someone in order to reduce cost. You can also choose between two different container sizes (20ft and 40 ft.) depending on your needs.