Podgorica is the largest city and capital of Montenegro, situated at the confluence of the two rivers, Morača and Ribnica. Additionally its proximity to the ski resorts lying on the northern side and Adriatic Sea beaches has made it a popular tourist destination.
If you intend staying in Podgorica for an extended time, having your own vehicle can be of advantage. You won’t have to worry about timings of public transportation, currency exchanges and language issues.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Ways of shipping vehicles.
There are different ways to ship your vehicle and it is best that you opt for any of the two methods which includes Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping. If you have a limited budget and just want to ship your vehicle to Podgorica, RORO works best as under this freight shipping method, you have to ship an empty vehicle devoid of any personal items, non-permanent car accessories and no air conditioning gas.
It is harnessed on the ship’s deck and driven off at the port of Bar, Kotor or Zelenika, which are the three main ports in the country. You will need to decide on the port of delivery with A1 Auto Transport service before the vehicle is shipped out. Under RORO, it is important to keep 1/4th tank of fuel so that it can be driven off the ship and floor mats, spare tire and extra set of keys need to be left behind. All anti-theft alarms have to be disabled.
However, when you choose container shipping, it turns out to be more expensive but is perfect if you have to ship your personal belongings that you are moving to Montenegro. The shipping containers are twenty feet or forty feet in length and can accommodate all of the household goods and the vehicle with ease.
Documentation and regulations.
You need to reach out to the Consulate of Montenegro in USA before you start the process of shipping the vehicle. You need to ensure that all eligibility criterions are met and A1 Auto Transport service will ensure that you get a free quote before you ship. The U.S Customs department will require these listed documents:
- Ownership proof- passport, driving license.
- Paid tax receipts.
- Car insurance certificate.
- Work visa.
- Proof of authorization for residency.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
It is essential that the owner is present when the vehicle arrives at the designated port. However, it is essential that the vehicle clears the U.S Customs prior to being shipped and Montenegro Customs, before the vehicle is delivered to you. With A1 Auto Transport service, we work with you at every step to ensure a safe transit and delivery.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?