A city in the Dakar Region of Senegal, Pikine is one of the most populous cities and is rapidly developing in terms of infrastructure and trade. If you are planning to get your personal vehicle transported to Pikine, it is best to work with an internationally shipping company like A1 Auto Transport Company we they understand the nuances of shipping to Senegal. Your car will be shipped to Port of Dakar from USA and then driven across to Pikine.
It is important to ensure that the weather conditions in the city are considered before starting the shipping process. The rainy seasons can be a difficult time to ship and can cause delays. Additionally, road transportation can be insufficient at this time.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Available ways to ship.
You will need to discuss your shipping requirements with A1 Auto Transport service and then select one of the two services- RORO and Container shipping. When you compare the two, container shipping has higher number of advantages and that is why it is more expensive. The added layer of security to protect the vehicle and other goods that have been sealed inside the 20 or 40 feet container is the bets perk. On the contrary, RORO is more affordable as the vehicle is driven on the ship and driven off at Dakar port. However, the most expensive method to ship your vehicle is by air transport but as the cost is exorbitantly high, it is the least preferred method of transportation.
There are a host of documents that you need when you are importing vehicles to Pikine in Senegal. If the documentation is incomplete, the import is not possible. The paperwork and documents include:
- Proof of Ownership.
- Title of the vehicle.
- Registration Certificate.
- Receipt of Purchase.
- Details of the vehicle including chassis number, engine number, VIN.
- Only one vehicle per family is allowed to be imported.
- Both new and new vehicles are allowed.
- Essential to by insurance from Senegal company before vehicle is picked from Dakar.
As rules keep changing over a period of time it is essential to check with the Senegal Custom Department before you start the process.
Driving and roads.
With well-established roadways, commuting is easy in the city but during rains the condition is bad and that is why a 4-wheel drive is a better option. Additionally, the traffic sense is poor as compared to US roads, which makes it chaotic for driving. Third party insurance is needed and for further assistance about living and driving in Pikine, check the citizen information page by US government.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?