Ship Your Car To Or From Phonsavan, Laos
Phonsavan is the capital of the Province of Xiangkhoang which literally translates into the “hills of paradise”. It is one of the famous tourist attractions in the country. The best spot is the Plain of Jar which is a well known and documented UNESCO World Heritage site.
Shipping your vehicle to Phonsavan in Laos could be a bit challenging as the country is landlocked and you have to ship to Vietnam and proceed to Laos by land. Additionally, there are steep and expensive import taxes, unless you are a diplomat.
Expected Expenses and Required Documents
If you are going to import your vehicle to Laos, you can expect to pay an approximation of about 40% import tax. Shipping your vehicle from the USA to Laos can cost you between $2,100 and $5,500. The cost is going to vary depending on the size and type of the vehicle which is shipped and the availability of the carriers at that time.
Depending on the type of your vehicle and how it’s listed, whether its general goods or luxury good, there are going to be additional fees. Luxury vehicles are additionally charged with approximately US $372 excise tax. Vehicles could be imported temporarily for project supervision, business as well as tourism. The regime is a bit more lenient when it comes to it. However, the costs can grow particularly quickly when it comes to shipping to Laos. The total cost is going to be based on the current market value of the car which includes a lot of different factors.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When shipping to Laos, you need to prepare a range of different documents for submission to Lao PDR Customs. Of course, this is required for every type of import, so there is nothing surprising here. The documents include:
- Make, model, VIN of the vehicle
- Invoice of purchase
- The year of the vehicle
- Title and Registration
- Bill of lading
- Import permit
- Letter of employment
Now, the majority of the paperwork should be handled by the shipping company. This is documentation such as import licenses as well as other related documentation. However, you still need to be prepared. If you need more information about shipping your vehicle from U.S to Laos, contact the Laos Embassy or call in A1 Auto Transport service.
There are two great shipping options that you might want to take advantage of and they include:
- Roll on, Roll off (RORO): This is a convenient and popular option. You have to drive your vehicle on its own wheels on a shipping deck at a freight carrier. It’s going to get fastened and transported as is. You are not allowed to carry any other personal belongings and the car is constantly exposed to the elements of the weather. This is why it’s cheap and quick.
- Container shipping: if you have a valuable vehicle or a lot of personal belongings – you can take advantage of this shipping method for the added convenience and security.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?