Ship Your Car To Or From Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Petaling Jaya is located in Malaysia and is considered one of the major cities there. It is considered a satellite township for Kuala Lumpur and is approximately 97.2 km Kuala Lumpur is located due east of Petaling Jaya, Sungai Buloh is located north of Petaling Jaya, Shah Alam is to the west and Subang Jaya is on the southern end.
Learn more about shipping to Malaysia.
If you want to import your vehicle to Petaling Jaya, you will need to be sure that the laws and regulations are met to avoid any delays. You will need to bring with you all documents needed in order to ship to Malaysia. It’s also important to consider what time of year you will be importing your vehicle because the weather can be very dangerous during certain times of the year, such as July and August. If you are importing around this time, you may want to be prepared for any delays.
Before Shipping Your Vehicle
Before you get started with your importing request, you will need to find a reliable international shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Service. With over twenty years of personalized experience, you will be confident in your transport request. When you are ready to begin, contact and provide us with the following documents to proceed:
- Car registration from the United States
- Purchase invoice for your vehicle
- Title to the vehicle
- Proof of insurance on your vehicle
- Your current passport
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle
- Work or resident permit issued by the Malaysian Authority
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Once you get all the information together, you can find out more from the Royal Malaysian Customs Department. This department will help you to understand how to import your vehicle and what is limited as well as what is required of vehicles. You will need to pay all taxes and levies prior to shipment. It’s important to pay these during the week as the banks are not open during the weekends. Your vehicle will need to be ready for shipment and there are a few things that you will need to do in order to avoid any delays including:
- steam cleaning the vehicles
- removing all personal items from your vehicle
- leave the floor mats, jack, and spare tire old
You will also need to determine what type of shipping you want to use; Roll On/ Roll Off or container shipping.
Vehicle Transportation Methods
If you choose container shipping, you will be able to ship your personal items with your vehicle at the same time. There will be safety checks and certain procedures that will need to be followed. This method of shipping is best for vintage vehicles or luxury vehicles that need to be protected in route. The containers come in two sizes; 20 foot or 40 foot.
Roll On/ Roll Off shipping is the most affordable method of shipping which involves your vehicle being driven onto the deck of the ship and fastened down for the trip. Once it reaches the port, it will then be unfastened and driven off of the deck of the ship. No personal items will be allowed inside the vehicle during transport.
Upon Arrival In Malaysia
Once your vehicle is in Malaysia, you will be required to pay the levy and custom taxes prior to you obtaining your vehicle. You will also be required to register the vehicle with the local authorities and pay all insurance premiums there. If your vehicle is in Petaling Jaya for more than three months, you will need to obtain a driver’s license in Malaysia. You can find out more about requirements at the U.S. Embassy in Malaysia.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?