Pérgamos is a town, located north of Pyla in Cyprus. It is under the control of the Northern Cyprus and it’s at the site of Green Line crossing. If you want to get your vehicle imported in the country of Cyprus for a short or for a longer period, you need to plan carefully.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It’s highly advisable that you have the support of a professional shipping agent such as the A1 Auto Transport service. North Cyprus is a self-declared country and as such, there is quite a lot of documentation that you would have to prepare. Some of the documents need to be submitted to the US Customs and Border Protection and to the local customs authorities as well. They include:
- Social Security Number.
- The title of the car.
- Vehicle insurance.
- Bill of Lading.
- Sales Bill.
- Driver’s License as well as a passport.
- Signed power of attorney if you aren’t there to pick up your vehicle.
Further regulations to be aware of.
Every single country has its own regulations and before you go ahead and ship to Northern Cyprus, you have to know that you can’t actually import a car on a permanent basis. All vehicles are allowed for a maximum period of 3 months. It is also essential to show the car’s registration from the US before that. The duties and the taxes also have to be paid in order to get the clearance and they are based on the engine capacity and on the value of the car. Furthermore, you have to know that:
- Vehicles have to be no more than 5 years of age.
- The base tax is 65% for vehicles outside of the EU.
- You have to purchase local insurance.
Before the shipping.
It is very important to get a quote from your service provider. A1 Auto Transport is going to get this handled but you need to choose the shipping method before that in order for us to be able to get you a particularly adequate and appropriate quote.
With this in mind, you can choose between three methods – air shipping, roll-on/roll-off and container shipping. The first method is very expensive so that’s why the majority of people would usually refrain from using it.
The RORO shipping is the most commonly preferred one because it’s faster and cheaper than container shipping. However, you wouldn’t be able to ship any additional goods with your vehicle. As a matter of fact, you would have to empty it out entirely and leave nothing but the car jack, floor mats and spare tire and set of keys within it. Container shipping, on the other hand, allows you to pick a 20ft and a 40ft container and store as many personal belongings as you want. This is also why it’s more expensive and slower than RORO.
You can always contact the A1 Auto Transport and get additional information regarding the entire process should you feel the need to do so.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?