Located just west of the foothills of the Andes, Pereira is the capital city of the Colombian Department of Risaralda. It is often referred to as the center of the golden triangle as it is surrounded by Cali, Bogota, and Medellin.
When shipping your vehicle to Colombia, there are a few rules that this country has established and must be adhered to. First, all cars that are shipped to Colombia must be new, with the exception of an antique car which must be thoroughly checked at the Colombian port and is granted access on a case-by-case basis. If you have a used car, you may not have many options when it comes to importing to Colombia.
You will need the assistance of a reliable shipping company to assist you in understanding the rules and regulations of importing to Pereira, Colombia. That is why A1 Auto Transport is the best choice as we are licensed and have been shipping internationally for over 20 years. This will be of a lot of help to you when it comes to importing. We will help you get updated and know the rules of Colombian Customs before calling us for a quote on additional services.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Auto Import Requirements.
You want to be prepared when you call A1 Auto Transport regarding shipping needs by first knowing what your choices are in shipping. There are two methods available for you to choose from- Roll On/ Roll Off method and the container shipping. The container shipping allows your car and all your personal belongings to be placed in a 20 ft. or 40 ft. box and sealed before being lifted onto the deck of the ship for transport. This is the more expensive method of shipping when compared to the RORO method which allows your car to be driven onto the ships deck for transportation and then driven off once it reaches the port.
Another factor in determining your cost of shipment will be the time of year that you ship your vehicle in as well as the size of your vehicle, any insurance you may have purchased in addition to your normal insurance, and whether or not you chose to have your vehicle picked up at your home or whether you drove it down to the port.
Documentation for vehicle import.
To validate and verify the authenticity of the owner and the vehicle, it is essential that the documents are submitted in advance at the U.S Customs and another set at the Colombian Customs. You will need to provide the following information prior to shipping:
- A social security card.
- Driver’s license.
- Original title.
- Vehicle registration.
- Power of Attorney, if you need someone else to pick up your vehicle.
As you prepare your vehicle for shipment, other paperwork may be requested. When determining the delivery of your vehicle, you will need to have directions to the major shipping ports close to your location so your vehicle can be delivered to that particular port or to you. Our agent put in charge of handling your import will also help you determine the cost of shipping the vehicle to the port.
Additional requisites for vehicle import.
Your agent will most likely help you prepare your vehicle for shipping, by steam cleaning it as well as detailing it where necessary. You will also be able to discuss the shipping methods available and determine what works best for your budget. You will need to provide the following documentation to the agent representing you during this move:
- Your passport that includes a Visa for up to one year and have it notarized.
- Bill of Lading.
- Authorized Customs permit giving you permission to import your vehicle.
- An identification card for those who are returning citizens of Colombia.
- Vehicle title.
- Vehicle registration.
- The original bill of sale or invoice that includes the make, model, and VIN number for all commercial vehicles.
Tax exemptions for diplomats.
Any diplomat coming to Colombia will need to pick up registration documents provided through the Foreign Ministry. Diplomats will also need an import permanent from the Incomex Institute. Once the import document has been approved, the Quality Certificate will be mailed from the Department of Environment. All of these rules and regulations must be followed in order to reduce your chances of delays on importation.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory