The third largest city in Greece, Pátra is about 130 miles from Athens and is situated overlooking the Gulf of Patras, in the foothills of Mount Panachaikon. Considered the ‘Gate to the West’ of Greece, the city is a bustling commercial center and port for trade with Western Europe. If you intend staying in Pátra on a short-term basis or on long-term basis, you will need to have your own personal vehicle. However, importing your vehicle to Greece from USA isn’t difficult.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you are staying for less than 6 months, you can import your car but only your family can drive it. Additionally, the car cannot be sold in Pátra or any other city in Greece. Additionally, you will need to have:
- Proof of title deed.
- Insurance ad license tags from US/home country.
- Owner’s proof.
If the registration expires in Pátra, you will be required to get temporary registration and license plates from the customs officials for the remaining part of the stay.
If you intend moving on a permanent basis, the personal vehicle is considered part of the household goods. Thus, if you have resident permit, you can bring your car without paying any custom duties. This option is given only to those that are:
- married to Greek citizen.
- of Greek decent.
- Have a work permit for permanent job.
- Should be staying out of Greece for over 2 years.
As all vehicles bought abroad are subject to VAT (Value added tax), license plate and registration fees when the car is imported, the owner has to send the vehicle’s description to the Greek consulate. Some of the documents that are needed include:
- Income tax, property documents.
- Passports to show Greek lineage of all family members.
- Greek citizenship/work permit as applicable.
- Driving license.
- Insurance and vehicle registration.
To get your car, you will need to show your AFM card which is an important part of the documentation needed to open an account and pay other taxes. Additionally, before the customs hand over the car, it is inspected for emission, standard inspection and noise control. After that you ca apply for registration in Pátra. Any duty-free vehicle cannot be sold, rented or leased or you need to pay taxes.
Method of shipping vehicles to Pátra.
When you are planning to ship your car to Pátra, cost is an important criterion. At A1 Auto Transport service, we realize it. That is why we work with you to offer you the most competitive prices on Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping options. Although the container shipping option is more expensive, it allows secure transit of your vehicle and other household goods. While the RORO is like valet parking on the ship, so you cannot store anything in it. The cars are offloaded at Pátra and after you complete the formalities, the car will be handed over.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?