The city of Pathein used to be known as Bassein and it’s a port city as well as the capital of the Region of Ayeyarwady in Burma. It is the fourth largest city in Burma and is situated approximately about 190 kilometers west of the city of Yangon.
If you are shipping a vehicle from USA to Burma, you need to be well aware of the fact that there are associated taxes and duties. Diplomats, however, are exempted from the taxes but other people have to pay about 300% of the overall assessed value of the vehicle which is pretty steep.
Motor vehicle regulations in Myanmar (Burma).
Even though there are a lot of requirements and documents that you need to take care of and prepare but this is almost always a requirement when you decide to ship your vehicle internationally from within the USA. You might want to contact the Myanmar Customs Department to get the most relevant information. Some of the crucial information that you might be looking for when it comes to the import includes:
- Only left-handed vehicles are allowed within the country.
- You need to have a recent picture ID, license, and proof of insurance.
- Keep the receipts when you pay the duties.
- Be present at the time of the arrival at the port.
- Keep the residency proof in hand.
The documentation shouldn’t scare you if you have decided to ship your vehicle to Burma as it is required for all international imports. However, you have to submit the required paperwork to the customs and to the transport departments as this is a part of all applicable requirements. Contacting the Embassy of Burma is definitely a great idea. You also need to know that regulations are subjected to change so staying updated is crucial.
There are two main methods of shipping which are overly popular amongst the majority of people who decide to ship to Burma. This is mainly due to the fact that they are most accessible and are easy to carry out in terms of procedures and documents. They are the cheapest methods and provide you with a lot of value. The A1 Auto Transport service is going to make sure that the condition of your vehicle is appropriate for the shipping prior to the process in order to avoid any hassle.
- Container shipping: This is the most appropriate way if you want to ship other personal belongings with your vehicle as there are no restrictions in that matter. However, it’s slower and more expensive because of that matter. You can choose between a 20ft and a 40ft private container which is going to protect your vehicle from the elements as well.
- RORO Shipping: This involves you driving your car on a shipping deck on its own wheels. The car is then fastened and shipped as it is. It’s going to leave it exposed to the elements but it’s the fastest and cheapest water based method.
We’ll be glad to help you and will walk you through each step of the import process. Call us today to know more about international auto shipments.