This is the fourth largest city in the country and it has its location in the southwest parts of Estonia on the coast of the Parnu Bay. The Parnu River also flows throughout the city and it goes straight to the Gulf of Riga.
There are better employment opportunities now and the country becomes more and more popular for a lot of workers and students from across the world. If you intend to relocate to the city having your own vehicle is definitely going to be advantageous as you’d have the traveling independence that you need and you won’t rely on public transport.
There are strong and established trading relations between Estonia and the US and importing a vehicle might be relatively easy. However, it’s advisable to rely on the services of a professional shipping agency with established reputation such as the A1 Auto Transport service. We are going to make sure that the entire process is hassle-free and without any issues at all. It’s essential to know that there are a lot of regulations to be abided by and you have to do so thoroughly.
Required Documents and Import Regulations.
The U.S Customs is going to require you to provide a lot of documents which include:
- Invoice of purchase.
- Bill of lading.
- Ownership proof.
- Insurance and emission certificates.
- Title deed free of liens.
- Driving license and owner’s passport.
Furthermore, you are going to be required to submit a lot of documents and to fill out a lot of paperwork at the Estonian Customs Department. These documents are going to include:
- Customs declaration at the border.
- Inspections of the chassis and the emissions as part of the entire process.
- Modifications defined by the standards of the EU.
- List of previous damages to the car.
There are some host duties as well as custom taxes that you’d have to pay and you have to register the car within a week with the Road Administration of Estonia after you get the clearance from the Customs.
If you are looking for freight options at affordable costs the A1 Auto Transport Service is going to be of great benefit as we offer different methods of transportation such as:
- RORO: This includes your vehicle to be driven on a shipping deck on the freight ship and then it’s transported to the dock in Estonia where it is driven off using its own wheels. You won’t be allowed to carry any personal belongings.
- Container Shipping: If you have other household items that have to be shipped you might want to consider this particular option. You can get the car shipped in its own private container or you can share one with someone else to cut the costs in half.
If you have more queries or need to know about the current laws as applicable to transport your vehicle to Parnu, contact the Embassy of Estonia in USA.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.