Parma is a quaint little city in Italy near the Emillia Romagna area and is known worldwide for the exquisite agricultural products, architecture and pristine nature scenery surrounding the entire city. Many people move to Parma to be able to live a quiet and relaxed lifestyle away from the hustle and bustle of larger cities throughout Italy. Some move to attend school at the oldest university in the world, the University of Parma. When you need to have your car with you in Parma there are a few things you will need to take care of to have it transported overseas. The first thing you will have to do is hire an auto transport company that is licensed and insured and has the experience necessary to ship cars overseas. You will also need to contact U.S. Customs and find out about the export regulations for shipping automobiles and personal belongings outside of the United States. Another great source of information on shipping motor vehicles overseas is the Federal Maritime Commission.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Transport Overseas with a Professional Touch.
Transporting a motor vehicle overseas requires a professional automobile transporter to handle the automobile as it cannot be driven and must use a mode of transport. Once you contact the transporter you will be asked some general questions about your automobile such as the make, model and year. You may also be asked if you have altered the car in any way. The reason for questions like this are to see if the size of the car has changed from factory standards because each transport carrier can easily load a specific number of motor vehicles. If your car has been altered and the size has increased it may take more space than what would usually be allotted for your make and model car and the agent will need to know whether to factor that in or not. You’ll decide on the type of transport that you will need based on your car as well as your overall transport budget, as well as whether you will need to have door to door shipping service or if you will be driving the car to and from the port on your own. Once the agent has taken all of your information and you have discussed the mode of transport they will be able to give you a complete international price quote. The quote should detail all aspects of the shipment including taxes and fees that must be paid. Your agent will also be able to give you valuable information on import duties as motor vehicle regulations for Parma, Italy that you will need to know ahead of shipping time.
How to Ship a Car Overseas.
When you need to ship a car overseas you will have to choose a way to transport the car by sea or by air. Most people prefer shipping by sea due to the high cost of air shipments. These are the ways that you can ship your car overseas to Parma:
- RORO– RORO is enclosed sea transport for motor vehicles of all sizes, makes and models. Whether you have a small standard automobile or a large bus or construction equipment, it can be shipped on a RORO ship.RORO is very affordable shipping for cars overseas and is the most common type of automobile transport throughout the world. It’s a simple method of transport where cars are rolled on and rolled off the ship for transport and delivery.
- Containerized– Containerized shipping is enclosed sea shipping and is usually used for classic, antique, luxury or exotic cars, trucks and motorcycles. When you use containers to ship a car you will have to pay a fee for the container so the rates will be higher than when using RORO. Also, since there are fewer container transport ships than there are RORO ships, the time for delivery will be longer than when using RORO. Containers are very secure though as they are specially designed to keep contents secure during shipment.
- Air Freight – While shipping by air is the fastest way to have a motor vehicle delivered, it is also the most expensive type of shipping and is usually used only for very expensive motor vehicles or sensitive content that needs to be handled with extreme care.
Motor Vehicle Regulations.
When you relocate to Parma you will find that there are some motor vehicle regulations that you must adhere to be in compliance with the law in Italy. You may import both new and used automobiles but can only import one personal vehicle per person. You will have to pay taxes and import duties on the car but may be able to drop the import duties if you have owned the car for a period of one year or more. You will need to place an application of exemption prior to having the car shipped. You’ll need to have paperwork including your license, tax code number, car registration, car title and your passport. You will also need to apply for residency and must show residency proof when you go to register the car. All cars driving on roads in Italy have to be fully registered and must have Italian tags in order to be street legal. The police can impound your car if it is not properly licensed and registered. You must register the car through the Auto Club of Italy as soon as possible when you import the car to the city. For more information on legal vehicle registration, local laws, import regulations and foreign diplomacy you can contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Italy.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory