- Car Shipping Parakou
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Parakou
- Importing Your Vehicle To Benin
- Import Regulations For Benin
- Documents Required
- Shipping Procedures
- Shipping Methods
Car Shipping Parakou
Parakou is the biggest city and also the capital of the Borgou Department in eastern Benin. It is the first port of call and then inland distribution of goods starts along river Niger. That is one of the reasons that it is the hub of trade and commerce in Benin.
Thus, there may be plenty of reasons to move to this scenic city. However, to commute with ease, it is essential that you have your own vehicle with you to traverse the city and other places in the country.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Parakou
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Parakou||$275||$3550||5+29 days|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Parakou||$350||$4350||5+68 days|
|Parakou to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$450||$4350||5+68 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Parakou||$475||$4350||6+68 days|
|Parakou to (California port) to Seattle, WA||$550||$4350||6+68 days|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Parakou||$550||$3550||5+29 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Parakou||$575||$3550||6+29 days|
|Parakou to (New York port) to Atlanta, GA||$700||$3550||6+29 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Parakou||$775||$4350||7+68 days|
|Parakou to (New York port) to Houston, TX||$1,075||$3550||7+29 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Importing your vehicle to Benin.
You are going to have to follow a wide range of regulations as with any international import. You would also have to adhere to restrictions and limitations and file the necessary documents which are required by the Benin Customs Department if you want to make sure that you avoid any lengthy delays. We at A1 Auto Transport service are capable of providing you with a very helpful hand in the matter as we have a lot of experience with shipping vehicles to Benin in particular.
Import regulations for Benin.
The submission of documents is particularly important but also so is the following of the regulations that are required for the import as per the laws of Benin. These include:
- All vehicles are subjected to taxation regardless if they are new or old. The tax is based on the current value.
- It’s essential to have the purchase invoice as well as the details regarding the weight, VIN, chassis number, size of engine and year
- You can only import one vehicle.
There are quite a few documents that you would have to submit before you leave the USA. It includes:
- Non-sale certificate which is signed by the owner.
- Title deed free of liens.
- Bill of vehicle purchase.
- Bill of lading.
- Freight invoice.
There also might be other documents that you need to submit in order to ensure a hassle-free transportation. Thus, it’s important to be aware of the latest regulations and laws and you should contact the Embassy of Benin in Washington, D.C.
Before you ship, you have to get your final quote from the A1 Auto Transport service in order to be properly aware of the cost. You have to submit the paperwork a few days earlier at the customs at Benin. It’s also advisable that you steam clean your car and remove all belongings, especially if you are going to use RORO as it gets quicker clearance. Otherwise, your delivery might get delayed because of quarantine periods.
You can choose between two ocean freight-based shipping methods – Roll on/Roll off and container shipping. They are both convenient based on what you are looking for.
- RORO – this method would require you to drive your vehicle on its own wheels on a shipping deck on a freight ship. You can’t transport any other belongings and you have to leave only the car jack, spare tire, and floor mats.
- Container shipping – it’s more convenient if you have other belongings to ship as you can fill out the remaining part of the container with as many belongings that you wish. There is also the added protection of the container itself.