The Lithuanian city of Panevėžys is the 5th biggest in the country and is strategically located halfway from the Latvian city of Riga and the Lithuanian capita of Vilnius. Being on the trade route has enhanced the business opportunities in the city.
In case you are a returning citizen or a student or working here and going to stay for a few months or couple of years, it will help to have your vehicle imported from USA because you are going to need it. Though it can take a few weeks for the complete process to culminate, it is worth the effort especially when you can stay relaxed and let A1 Auto Transport service handle the logistics of the auto shipping. From submitting the documentation to paying the customs duties and taxes, we’ll be there with you.
Weather is another consideration that has to be kept in mind when you ship. As summers are maritime and continental, it is better to ship your vehicle than in the cold winters when the temperature drops below the freezing point, delaying the cargo.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle import regulations.
As per the import regulations set forth by the Lithuanian Customs Authority, it is essential to have these documents submitted at least 4 days before the vehicle arrives at the port. Similarly a set of these documents are required to be submitted to the U.S Customs at least 72 hours before the vehicle leaves the U.S port. The documents are:
- Bill of Lading.
- Import permit from Lithuanian authority.
- Title deed.
- Bill of vehicle purchase.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit or work visa.
Before the vehicle ships out.
You have the option of contacting the Lithuanian Customs to get more clarity on the requirements and limitations of importing vehicle to Panevėžys or can refer to US Federal Regulations Code Title 19.
Before the vehicle is shipped using any of the two methods of Container shipping or Roll-on, Roll-Off, it is essential to steam clean it, remove all movable accessories and external parts so that it does not damage the vehicle if there is turbulence on the high seas. Additionally, you are required to remove the air conditioning gas as it is fire hazard and only a little fuel is allowed to remain in the tank so that the vehicle (in RORO only) can be driven on/off the ship. If you have queries or questions that need to be clarified or you require more information about the process and regulations, you can contact us or call in at the Embassy of Lithuania.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?