Padua is home to an industrial workforce that is the largest of any European country. With more than 1300 separate industries, it is the perfect place for workers to relocate to when searching for employment. Padua also has humid sub-tropical climate that allows warm temperatures year round with little rain outside of the damp winter months. Driving in Padua is normally calm but you will want to drive cautiously when first learning the roadways and how traffic reacts to road signs as many motorists throughout Italy will slow down but not come to a complete stop when approaching intersections. There are not many taxi companies in the city therefore having the use of your own motor vehicle when you need to go somewhere is very advisable.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to Move Your Car to Padua.
Shipping a car to Padua must be done with a professional auto transport company that has the ability to ship internationally. The company will need you to give them certain documents in order to process your shipping request. The documents include:
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security Card.
- Signed Power of Attorney.
- Vehicle Title.
Shipping a car to Padua is not a simple task and it must be done within the rules and regulations set by the Governments of both the United States as well as Italy. Once the car is in Padua you will need to have Italian registration and have Italian license plates to be able to drive while living in Padua.
Ways to Ship a Car to Padua.
- RORO – Roll On/Roll Off transport is the most preferred way to ship a car internationally from the U.S. to Padua, Italy. Your car will be rolled (driven) onto the ship and then secured in place for transport and then rolled (driven) off at the entry port in Padua. RORO is the least expensive way to ship a car as well as the quickest way by sea.
- Air Cargo – While some people will choose to ship by air, especially when they have a very expensive motor vehicle and want it to arrive as fast as possible, most will opt for RORO instead due to the pricing. Air transport can be very expensive so you will want to weigh your shipping options carefully. Air transport does provide excellent protection for motor vehicles during shipment.
- Container – Shipping a car in a shipping container is similar to RORO shipping but it offers extra protection from the elements during transport. Cars are driven into large shipping containers and then loaded onto the ship for transport. While most consumers will use RORO when shipping a car internationally, containers are often preferred when shipping expensive cars or personal items from the United States to Padua.
What to Expect at Customs.
When your car arrives at the entry port to Padua you will have to be physically present for the customs inspection. Customs agents will perform a vehicle inspection to ensure that the car is roadworthy for driving in Italy. They will also check your legal documents to ensure that everything is correct and in order. You will want to check prior to the arrival of your car to make sure that you have all of the required paperwork for customs as missing paperwork can delay or even deny the car from being imported. All imports are also subject to shipping taxes and import duties. New cars must pay an extra Value Added Tax (VAT) when being imported. Another thing to be aware of is the fact that all residents, even those in the city temporarily, must apply for and possess a personal tax code number to pay taxes while living in Italy. Other paperwork that you will need for customs as well as the registration office is:
- Residency Certificate.
- Driver’s License.
- Motor Vehicle Title.
- Motor Vehicle Registration.
- Commercial Invoice.
- Sales receipt.
- Original Bill of Lading (Shipping Bill) or Airway Bill.
If the automobile is company or corporation owned a Commerce Certificate must be obtained prior to local registration and you will need to have a statement notarized with the driver’s name included.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory