The capital city of Woleu-Ntem Province, Oyem is located in Northern Gabon. It is only 411 kilometers from the national capital, Libreville. And if you are moving here for work or study, you might want to export your vehicle from the United States over to Gabon, you will need to ensure that all paperwork is filled out and ready.
This must be done before the car is brought onto the ship. It takes up to four weeks for the process to complete and the paperwork to be evaluated. If you don’t allow this much time, you may spend more money and actually be denied shipping privileges.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Governmental documentations as well as procedures will need to be adhered to before any importations are allowed. These transfers and shipping cases can be difficult so you may need to be patient. Additionally, to validate the process of import, there is a lot of documentation that has to be completed. These include:
- Original title and registration.
- Registration Card.
- Proof of ownership.
- Purchase Invoice.
- Cubic Capacity.
- Engine Number.
- Year, make and model of your vehicle.
- Chassis number.
- Receipt showing any taxes you may have already paid to ship your vehicle.
The estimated amount of taxes to figure would be 53.4% of the total cost, freight, and insurance. These taxes are required and will need to be paid.
You will have two shipping choices to consider when shipping your vehicle to Gabon. You can either Roll-On/ Roll-Off your vehicle or choose container shipping. These methods will also depend on your budget.
- Container Shipping: It gives you a choice between a 20 foot and 40 foot container. If you have a new car, an antique car, or an exotic car, you will want to do whatever it takes to keep it from being scratched or dented up while in transit. When vehicles are placed inside the container for shipping, the container will hold the vehicle in place and stay put until it is unloaded. This method of shipping is more expensive. You could possibly share the container to help cut down the amount you pay.
- Roll On/ Roll Off shipping is another choice. Your vehicle will be rolled onto the deck of the ship and then stabilized for transport. Your vehicle will most likely be exposed to the weather conditions as it makes its’ journey across the waters. If you are just visiting in Gabon, you may want to use this method as your means of importing your vehicle. However, if you are traveling around with antique car shows, you are selling your car, or you just want to travel around and see the antique shows, then this method might be better for you. You will need to pay someone to load/unload your vehicle into the chosen container.
If you need further assistance in importing, contact the Gabon Embassy.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory