Ship Car To Oulu
Located in the northern Ostrobothnia, Oulu is one of the large cities in Finland. It is the fifth most populated city while the Port of Oulu on the Bothnian Bay is one of the busiest harbors in Finland.
If you want to transport your vehicle over to Finland, you need to hire a respectable international transport company that knows the rules and regulations here. When discussing the possibility of importing with A1 Auto Transport, they will consider the type of shipping method you will be using as it directly affects the price of freight shipment
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before you Ship.
You currently have two methods to choose from; Roll On/Roll Off and container shipping. Roll On/ Roll Off method includes the ability to drive your vehicle onto the ship where it will be fastened down for the journey.
If a vehicle is shipped in a container, they will be loaded into a container before leaving and then placed on the ship before it sails. This method is a popular ways of shipping a vehicle but it is also the most expensive. Some ports in the U.S. as well as Finland will only give you the option to Roll-On/Roll Off. The transportation you are considering may also offer the door-to-port option where A1 Auto Transport crew picks up your vehicle and drive it to the port for you. Some of the other important documents to verify your vehicle include:
- Bring your original title to your vehicle showing the specs.
- A bill of lading is required showing how your vehicle was shipped to the port in Finland.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, you must provide written permission to export your car from the lienholder.
- Your registration card.
- Driver’s License.
- Proof of Insurance from the U.S and Finland.
As Finland is a part of EU, there are stringent laws on emission and environment control and most of the U.S made vehicles has to undergo modifications before it is shipped. Some of the other requirements that need to be fulfilled are:
- An extra set of keys left inside the glovebox.
- 1/4 tank of gas.
- Your car must be winterized if the shipping will be done in the winter.
- Nothing can be left inside the vehicle if you choose the Roll On/ Roll Off method except for the spare tire and floor mats.
Vehicle import Rules and Regulations.
- You can have only one vehicle in Finland at one time without being charged any duty. That vehicle will also need to be owned by your for at least six months before you imported it.
- Duty free vehicles have a value limit. If your car goes beyond this limit, you will be charged a certain amount of duty based on the customs officials’ decision.
- Customs has the right to hold your vehicle if you do not meet the U.S. and European rules and regulations on modifying vehicles. You will be responsible for paying for any modifications.
- Rules and regulations can be changed by the Customs Department of Finland as it is necessary
It’s most likely the best decision to hire an international transport company like A1 Auto Transport that is conversant with the rules and regulations for transporting a vehicle from the U.S to Finland. We will also know the basic rules and regulations for importing and exporting in all entry ports.