Oskemen is the acting administrative center of the Region of East Kazakhstan. This used to be one of the thriving mining as well as metallurgical cities during the Soviet period. However, Kazakhstan has since set forth stricter legislation as the demand in tourism has increased.
These affect the import and the export. As a result you will be provided with different ways to ship your car into the country but it is highly advisable to rely on the competent services of a professional shipping agency like the A1 Auto Transport.
There are quite a few things for you to consider when it comes to shipping a car into Oskemen. You will have to prepare documents for both the U.S. and the Kazakhstan Customs. They include:
- Registration of car from the USA.
- Invoice for purchase.
- Title deed.
- Passport and ownership proof.
- Residence or working permit.
Various limitations and restrictions might be imposed and you’d need to check with the Customs Department of Kazakhstan. Once your car arrives at the port, there are a few things to be taken care of such as paying for the vehicle import, in form of duties and taxes.
You’d have to undergo emission as well as tests. If your car fails them, you’d have to implement modification. You will have to apply for identification plate in Kazakhstan and file for approval of vehicle. You are also going to have to thoroughly familiarize yourself with the traffic rules and road regulations in the country. You would also have to get a local driver’s license once your American one expires after 6 months.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are two general means of getting your car shipped to Kazakhstan. The first one is called Roll-on/Roll-off or RORO for more convenience. This particular method requires you to get your car on a shipping deck by driving it onto it on its own wheels. While this method could prove to be the fastest water-bound one as well as the cheapest, it’s not recommended for expensive or retro vehicles. This is due to the fact that the car would be constantly exposed to the elements and damages are not completely excluded.
The second way involves container shipping and it’s definitely better. Your car is going to be stored within a container of your choice of 20ft or 40ft, depending on your need. You would be allowed to ship other items along with the car which is also going to increase the price a bit.
In any case, it’s highly advisable for you to check with the Embassy of Kazakhstan to get the most updated information regarding the process.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?