Oruro is a city which is located about half way between Sucre and La Paz in Bolivia. It has an elevation of about 3709 meters above sea level and is currently the fifth biggest city in the country by population.
It is also the capital of the department and center of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Oruro. The industry in the region revolves around the mining of tin, tungsten, copper and silver.
If you’ve planned to relocate to the city of Oruro, it is advisable to get a bit of information about the area. The city is easy to travel in as it has proper roads. There is public transportation as well as taxis but for your own convenience, it would be better to have your car with you. You can import the vehicle with considerable ease if you hire an international shipping service like A1 Auto Transport.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prior to the shipping.
You have to contact the Bolivia Consulate before you ship the vehicle and know about the exact requirements as eligibility and laws keep changing. There is a wide range of different forms and documents to be filed and you have to follow a few regulations. All in all, you would have to:
- Pay duties and taxes.
- Be present at the date of the arrival.
- Inspection certificate (if it’s over $12,000)
- Only left-handed vehicles are allowed.
- Vehicle Origin certificate.
- Title and registration.
- Picture ID or License.
- Residency Visa/ Visa de ObjetoDeterminado.
- Verifying certificate.
- Insurance –two copies and original.
- Make, Year and Model of the car.
- Commercial Invoice.
You have to make sure that you are at the port of arrival when the car arrives. You would have to arrange the transportation ahead of time.
As a returning citizen.
If you are returning to Bolivia, the requirements are quite different. You must have lived abroad for at least 2 years in order to be provided with the tax relief that follows. This tax relief is only granted one time for every family. You must not have visited the country for at least 90 continuous days after the aforementioned 2 years abroad. The documents are as follows:
- Certificate of residency from the Bolivian Consulate
- Detailed inventory of the items and their values approved by the aforementioned consulate
- Work certificate or a contract which proves the 2 years of outside residency.
Your car mustn’t be over 3 years of age and motorcycles over 100cc are prohibited. The vehicles are subjected to 51% duties and taxes from their CIF values.
There are two particularly convenient shipping methods – RORO and Container shipping. The first is going to provide you with cheap and quick water-based transportation but your car is going to be thoroughly exposed to the elements for the entire journey and you can’t ship anything else with it. Container shipping is more convenient if you have a luxury or expensive car because it’s going to be protected in the container and you can ship as many personal items apart from the car as you see fit.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?