Orsha is a beautiful city situated on the fork of the Arshytsa and Dnieper rivers in Belarus. With changing times and after the disintegration of USSR, Belarus has grown economically and politically, becoming a strong force in EU.
Constant change in policies has made it a hub of industrial development, attracting people from all parts of the world to live and work here.
If you are planning to stay here for a short while or on the permanent basis, you might find that public transportation is expensive. That is why it might be more cost effective to import your own vehicle from USA when you move to Orsha. Even though it might seem complex to ship your vehicle to Belarus from the USA, having A1 Auto Transport service on your side is going to ensure that the process is entirely seamless for you. We have over 20 years of experience in dealing with international shipping and we are well aware of all the regulations and the procedures.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
However, there are quite a lot of regulations as well as rules which are set forth by the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus that you would have to deal with. You are required to submit quite a lot of documents in order to prove the legitimacy of the ownership of the car. They include:
- Title deed.
- Documents which enlist the repairs and the damages on the car.
- Passport and license.
- Roadworthiness certification.
- New vehicles have to provide the manufacturer’s origin certification as well as the purchase invoice.
- Signed Power of Attorney if you aren’t present to pick up the vehicle upon arrival.
You have to submit those documents at least three days prior to the shipping to the U.S. Customs. This is provided in the guidelines set forth by the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations. The car is going to be unloaded at the Mazyr Port and if you need any assistance you should simply give us a call right away.
Now, the quickest method is without a doubt the air shipping but it’s also incredibly expensive which also makes it the one which is least preferred by the majority. However, there are affordable and accessible methods such as Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container Shipping.
RORO is going to require that your vehicle is driven on a shipping deck on the freight ship on the port of departure. It’s then going to be transported to the destination port where it’s rolled off. This is an incredibly quick method and affordable method but you would have to take into account the fact that no additional goods are allowed. What is more, your vehicle is also going to be exposed to the elements throughout the entire time.
Container shipping, on the other hand, is also convenient yet a little bit more expensive method. You would get to choose between a 20ft and 40 ft private container. You can also ship additional valuables alongside your vehicle. The things that you would have to take into account include some of the following:
- All shipments are subject to legal duties and taxes.
- Shippers have to submit all the documents personally.
- All of the duties has to be paid at the Customs office.
- All documents need to be written in English or in Russian. They also have to be signed and stamped.
You are allowed to import a vehicle for up to 12 months without paying any taxes or duties. However, you would have to get a permit for prolongation after a 3-month stay. These vehicles could only be used by their legitimate owners. You are also allowed to sell the vehicle only after one year has passed.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?