Located in Sweden, Örebro is the seventh largest city in Sweden as well as one of the largest inland hubs in country. It is located along the Svartan River.
There are unlimited amounts of employment in Örebro and businesses tend to benefit from the large size of the country. Örebro is known as a booming city and somewhat of a second home for many due to its popularity.
If you are coming to Örebro to stay for a while, you may want to bring your own vehicle with you so you can get around without any delays. There are basically no language barriers here so simply fill out the documentation, pay the taxes, and importing is very simple.
When transporting your vehicle to Örebro, you will need to trust this task to a dependable shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Service to ensure that all the tax duties are paid or any exemptions are honored. Rules and regulations may seem daunting but they need to be followed in order to get your vehicle transported.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Submission of Documents.
You will need to be at the port to pick up your vehicle once it reaches the port in Örebro. It will need to clear customs first before being released to you. You should also know that there are taxes that need to be paid to the Swedish Customs. For example, the VAT is 25% over the standard import duties and levies.
- Driver’s license.
- Bill of sale.
- Title to the vehicle.
- Vehicle registration.
- Proof of insurance from the U.S.
- Proof of insurance in Sweden.
Rules and Regulations enforced by Customs.
You will need to be the owner of your vehicle for at least twelve months prior to importing
- Vehicle can only be used for personal use
- No other vehicle will be allowed to be imported tax-free in the last three years
- Your vehicle will need to be registered however if your visit goes over the limited time, you will still be able to stay in Örebro
- You cannot sell your vehicle for one year
You can choose the Roll On/ Roll off method of shipping or container shipping when transporting your vehicle to Örebro. The Roll On/ Roll Off method is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle. The vehicle is rolled onto the ship in the U.S and rolled off the ship once it reaches Örebro port.
Once customs releases your vehicle you will be able to drive yourself home. If you have any questions, you will need to address them to the Swedish customs. The U.S driver’s license is active for up to one year after your vehicle has made it to port.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?