Ohrid is a city Macedonia that is situated on the Lake Ohrid. It is the eighth largest city in the entire country and it is located in the southwestern region of Macedonia and lies west of Resen and Bitola.
If you are going to move to Macedonia, Ohrid is definitely your best choice as a first stop. It is located in the foothills of the Sar Mountain and it is defined by the fast flowing River Pena. It is a hub of cultural, educational, economic activities and people tend to travel to Ohrid because it definitely has a lot to offer. However, if you are going to stay here on a temporary or a permanent basis, having your own vehicle is definitely going to provide you with quite a lot of benefits. You wouldn’t have to be concerned with the language barrier and what is more, you would have the freedom of traveling around the country at your own pace and will. Of course, there are procedures to be taken care of and regulations to be adhered to.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for Macedonian Import.
There are quite a lot of rule as well as regulations set forth by the Macedonia Ministry of Transport and Communication that you would have to take into account. There is a certain amount of documents and paperwork that you’d have to provide, including any documents in order to prove ownership and identity. You would have to submit:
- Clear title of the vehicle.
- Current as well as a valid passport.
- International Driving License.
- Bill of Lading.
- Details provided with the purchase invoice.
As per the regulations issued by the Macedonia Customs Administration, there are also specific laws that you have to adhere to:
- You have to register the car with the local police department within 2 days of the import.
- You have to provide a receipt of paying the entry tax of 14.5% of the value of the car but it can also be more than that.
- Get a government issued a license for the import.
The country isn’t easily accessible directly by the sea, so you will have to ship to the Port of Thessaloniki in Greece. Once you do this, you will have to arrange land-based transportation to Ohrid, which A1 Auto Transport can assist with. After the customs are cleared, we will ensure that either it is transported in a multi-vehicle carrier or driven across to Ohrid.
In preparation for the export from the US.
You would need to make sure to start the shipping process as soon as possible. It is going to take you a while to do so as there is a lot of documents and paperwork to be handled. What is more, you have to notify the U.S. Customs for your intent at least 3 days prior to the shipping itself in order to get the approval stamp. What is more, you would also have to pick a shipping method. As up to now, you can go with RORO and Container shipping. The former is particularly appropriate if you have only your car to ship as it doesn’t allow personal belongings. The latter, on the other hand, does but that’s why it is a bit more expensive. If you have any questions you need an answer to, you need to address the Macedonian Consulate in Washington, D.C.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?