Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Ocho Rios
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ocho Rios is a city in Jamaica which was once known to be a fishing village but it’s not a tourist hub located on the north coast of Jamaica. It is a port for cruise ships and for cargo ships which load sugar, limestone and bauxite in the past.
If you intend to spay more time in the country or you want to relocate there permanently, having your own vehicle is without a doubt amongst the best things that you can do. Your car would be shipped from the nearest port from your location in the USA and it would be taken to the Port of Kingston which is by far and currently the largest port in the country of Jamaica.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents that you are going to need.
As per the Jamaican Customs Department regulations set forth for auto imports, you would have to prepare certain documentations and you would have to take care of few formalities. The documents include:
- Passport of Owner.
- Import License.
- Title Vehicle.
- Purchase Bill.
- Tax Compliance Certificate.
Once you are through with all the procedures the shipment is going to be a lot faster and the clearances are going to go smoothly. In addition, you might want to prepare about 67% of the value of your car as import duty. In any case, A1 Auto Transport service is going to try to negotiate the most affordable price but this is the standard payment. The duty is going to increase with the size of the vehicle and if it’s a luxury one you’d have to pay even more.
In addition to all of the above, there are certain eligibility criteria that you’d have to fall within. They include:
- You can only import cars which are no more than 4 years old.
- If you are a returning citizen you are allowed to import 2 vehicles.
- You can use your US driving license for 12 months and after that you have to get a local one.
- You are going to need an insurance policy or the Customs won’t get you cleared.
- You can’t sell an imported vehicle for at least 12 months after the import. If it got damaged during or after the shipping you can’t sell it for 3 years.
You also want to talk with the A1 Auto Transport Company to apply and arrange tax registration number because this is essential and you have to have it before the import. It can be acquired from the Tax Administration of Jamaica.
If you are looking for the cheapest way to get your car in Jamaica you should go for the Roll On/Roll Off method where your car is driven and secured on a shipping deck and taken to Port of Kingston where it’s driven off. You have to also make sure that the car is perfectly cleared and free of any possessions. Container shipping is your choice if you want to ensure maximum protection of the vehicle.