The second largest city in Serbia, Novi Sad is the administrative hub of the district of South Bačka. Located on the banks of the river Danube in Pannonian Plain, it is a cultural and economic center of the country.
When you are moving here from USA on an extended stay, it helps to import your vehicle for ease of travel. However, you need to hire the expert services of A1 Auto Transport service as your shipping agency so that all procedures are completed as needed. We have been shipping vehicles internationally for over 20 years and understand the nuances of shipping to Serbia among other countries in Europe. With well-laid out roads and easy of importing and owning your vehicle in Novi Sad, it is good to be knowledgeable about the processes.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Transporting the vehicle.
There are two main methods of shipping vehicles to Novi Sad in Serbia. RORO and Container shipping are efficient but vary when it comes to prices. RORO is cheaper than shipping your vehicle in a container and that is because you are only allowed to ship an empty vehicle that is secured on the ship deck, when you ship by Roll-on/roll-Off method. Whereas, container shipping offers higher security and protection from the elements of nature while at sea, as your vehicle as well as the personal items are packed within the large containers measuring 20 or 40 feet.
However, before the vehicle is shipped, these are some of the pre-conditions that have to be completed, including:
- Steam Clean Vehicle From Inside.
- Remove Air Conditioning Gas.
- 1/4th tank fuel for shipping by RORO and complete empty tank for container shipping.
- All documents in order.
Specific laws in Serbia.
You need to follow rules and regulations as per Customs Administration of the Republic of Serbia, your vehicle needs to meet the mandatory Euro 3 standards. However, it has been seen that most of the vehicles that have been manufactured in USA require modifications before they can adhere to the emission and environment laws. Additionally, there are other pre-requisites such as submission of some documents:
- Needs to be certified for 30 days before the vehicle is has to clear Serbian customs.
- Proof of custom clearances, title deed and proof of ownership are required to be submitted.
- Proof of residence/work visa.
- Related documents concerning inspection needed.
- Insurance documents pertaining to the vehicle.
- Bill of Lading.
- Purchase invoice of vehicle.
These documents are essential not just in Serbia but some of these documents need to be presented at the U.S Customs and Border Protection agency. To know more about the requirements and laws pertaining to import of vehicle to Serbia, contact the Embassy of Serbia.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory