Nouadhibau is a prominent commercial center as well as the 2nd largest city in Mauritania. The situation is on a headland or peninsula, 65 km long, known by the names Capo Blanco, Cap Blanc, or RasNouadhibau. The western side of this peninsula along with La Guera city forms a portion of West Sahara.
The location of Nouadhibau is near the borders separating Western Sahara and Mauritania. There can be more than one reason to move to Nouadhibau and if you are going to be on an extended stay here or moving permanently, having your own vehicle can be a luxury.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Making shipping to Mauritania easy.
While shipping cars from USA to Nouadhibau may seem like a complex proposition, but A1 Auto Transport service can make the procedure easy. Before starting on the process of shipping the vehicle, we recommend that you should take care of certain pre-shipping details such as:
- Steam cleaning the interiors of the car.
- Remove jumper cables, child seat, music deck.
- Remove the air conditioning gas.
- Lock and gas tank.
- Keep the jack, spare tire and extra keys inside the car.
For shipping, you will require approval from the U.S customs and later on from the Mauritanian Customs Department as well. Before the car is loaded on the ship, you need to be there to answer any queries that the officials may put. If there is, a need to sign necessary paperwork you will have to do that as well. Once the inspection is over and the Customs gives the approval, bringing your car to Nouadhibau is not going to be difficult. Additionally, you will be required to submit a set of documents including copies for multiple legal procedures. Some of the paperwork includes submission of:
- Documents corroborating the make, model and the year of manufacture of your vehicle.
- Sale/Purchase invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Number on the license plate of the vehicle.
- Passport and social security number of the owner (include a few copies)
- Insurance certificate.
- Driver’s license.
Shipping preparations involve filling out the forms and finding the necessary documents. We advise that all this needs to be done before the vehicle inspection is done. Otherwise, there will be unnecessary delays in shipping. It can take weeks to reapply, once the customs deny approval. Once the car reaches Mauritanian port, either you or an authorized representative needs to be there to receive it. They need to produce documents proving ownership and pay the taxes and import duties to get the delivery. A1 Auto Transport Company offers a bevy of services to make shipping more comfortable. These services include Door to Port services among others.
The two major types of shipping methods are the RORO and the container shipping. If you choose RORO, your vehicle is driven on the ship deck using ramps. It is secured with clamps to minimize movement during transit. There are a few limitations but is the cheapest method to ship.
In Container shipping, the vehicle will remain inside the large container. If you want, you can take the whole container yourself or share it with other car owners to distribute the associated costs. This method is safer and thus ideal for luxury vehicles.
For the latest updates on import laws and driving in Nouadhibau, contact the Embassy of Mauritania.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?