A small island and township in Vanuatu, Norsup is a beautiful tropical island. Considered to be one of Oceania’s island nations, Vanuatu is located east of Australia and is popular with tourists. Norsup is part of the Malampa province which is situated on the Island of Malakula.
Irrespective of the reason for your extended stay here, the fact remains that you need to have your own vehicle to traverse across the island and commute at your own pace. With limited public transportation on the island; it helps to import your vehicle from USA.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Transporting your vehicle.
It is important to plan in advance and take the assistance of experienced auto shipping companies like A1 Auto Transport service. Some of the basic knowledge about the eligibility and requirements of Vanuatu Customs & Inland Revenue is important. With two major ports in the country it is easy to ship your vehicle. However, you need to ensure that the vehicle is devoid of any personal goods, air conditioning gas is removed and it is cleaned completely from inside before it leaves the U.S port.
Documents and cost of shipping.
It is much cheaper to ship your vehicle to Norsup in Vanuatu than other island nations. As per laws, the tax and import duties are based on the value of the vehicle. The taxes are based on the vehicle size, and capacity of the engine. Though 15% is the base duty charged, it can go higher till 40% if the engine size exceeds 3000cc. Other than that there is a 12.5% VAT. If you are not sure about the documentation that is needed, check this list:
- Address and name of the owner.
- Vehicle description.
- Original invoice of the vehicle.
- Vehicle title deed.
- Registration certificate and insurance on the vehicle.
It is advised that you consult with A1 Auto Transport service to ensure that you do not miss any documentation. It is essential to know that if you are importing a vehicle with right hand drive, you need special permission from the government.
Ways of moving the vehicle.
A1 Auto Transport service recommends two methods of shipping which is affordable and safe. These are container shipping and RORO. If you are on a strict budget and only need to ship the vehicle, Roll-on/Roll-Off works well. However, an empty vehicle with only ¼ of the tank of fuel is allowed. The vehicle is driven on the deck, secured in place and then will be driven off at the Port of Norsup.
Container shipping is a good option when you have household goods and vehicle to ship. Everything is secured and packed inside 20 feet or 40 feet containers and it is loaded onto the ship using cranes.
To know about the import regulations, it is best to contact the Embassy of Vanuatu and get started on shipping the vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory