Norrkoping is a town situated in the eastern parts of Sweden. It’s also currently the seat of the Norrkoping Municipality. The city is located on the banks of the Motala River and at the inlet of the Baltics.The power which is drawn from the Motala River is a factor which led to the rapid growth of the city and the industry that it harbors.
The power which is drawn from the Motala River is a factor which led to the rapid growth of the city and the industry that it harbors.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Recommendations to Consider.
The officials are proficient in English, which makes it easy to communicate. Furthermore, the environment and the economy are incredibly stable and that’s why a lot of people prefer to relocate to the city. It’s highly advantageous for you to get your vehicle imported as this would provide you with the freedom that you need to travel around the city and around the country itself.
However, due to its economic advancement, you can expect to pay quite a lot of money in terms of taxes and import duties. However, the A-1 Auto Transport service has professional agents in Sweden and they are going to make sure that you qualify for every possible discount in order to save you as much money as it’s possible.
In order to get your vehicle imported in Sweden, you would have to submit the following:
- Driver’s license.
- Passport photo.
- Invoice of purchase.
- Original title free of any liens.
- Insurance Proof.
It’s important to point out that the owner has to be present at the time of the arrival in order to pick up their vehicles as the customs won’t hold them. You would have to pay 25% VAT, if you fail to comply by any of the aforementioned provisions. What is more, you want to make sure that you abide by the following standards in order to prevent paying higher taxes:
- You’ve owned the vehicle for at least a year.
- You declare it for personal use.
- You haven’t shipped any other duty-free or tax-free vehicle to Sweden for the last 3 years.
- You are planning to permanently relocate to the country and you have the necessary permissions.
- You have already applied for a person number at a tax office in Sweden.
- You declare that you won’t sell the vehicle for the next 12 months.
There are two overly preferred shipping methods that you can choose from and they include:
- Roll-On and Roll-Off Service
This particular method would require you to drive the vehicle on its own wheels on a shipping deck. The latter would then be placed on the freight ship and get your vehicle transported as is. Furthermore, you will have to empty out the car entirely, leaving nothing but the spare tire, floor mats, car jack and spare set of keys.
- Container Service
This is the other kind of water-based shipping that you can take advantage of. It would involve you transporting your vehicle in an enclosed private 20 ft. or 40 ft. container that you can fill up with all sorts of other belongings. It is more expensive and slower than the previous method but it’s suitable if you have other household items to ship with your car.
Main Arrival Ports.
There are two main ports in Sweden are Stockholm and Gothenburg. However, if you choose to go with container shipping, you can only ship to Stockholm. You can take the vehicle to its final destination once it passes all the inspections at the Swedish Customs. If you have any further questions, you can contact the Embassy of Sweden in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?