Nizwa is biggest city in the region of Ad Dakhiliyah of Oman and is located about 140 km from the city of Muscat. It is one of the oldest cities in Oman and holds significant importance as a trading and commercial center even today.
Regardless of the reasons for moving to stay in Oman, you will greatly benefit if you have your own vehicle to drive in and around Nizwa for work or leisure travel.
If you plan to ship your vehicle to Oman, you will want to have a dependable company like A1 Auto Transport service working with you. Our company has been in business of shipping vehicles internationally for decades and that is why we will make shipping your vehicle much easier and less stressful.
When shipping to Oman, it is important that you know the rules and regulation of importing a vehicle in order to avoid any delays. By knowing exactly what you need to know throughout the process, it is a breeze. One rule states that all foreign individuals are granted permission to import one vehicle after meeting all requirements for importing.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Specific requirements of auto shipping.
Once the applications are filled out and submitted and once the vehicles meet all specifications, it is possible that the vehicles are permitted to ship. Some specific requirements include:
- The foreigner is allowed to import a vehicle for a total of six months if there is an international passage register.
- S. citizen can import one vehicle.
- Used vehicles cannot be over seven years old.
- Without an international passage register, you will only be allowed one vehicle for three months before you will need to export it back to the United States. You will need to pay any outstanding taxes in order to extend this time.
All rules and regulations will need to be followed when it comes to bringing the right documentation. This includes:
- Driver’s license issued in the United States.
- Vehicle registration
- International Passage Register/ Import Permit.
- Original and copies of vehicle title deed and license plate.
- Insurance policy valid in Oman.
The tenure of your vehicle will be determined by the International Passage Register if you have it. You may want to get an extension of your temporary status of import if possible. It is very important that you talk to A1 Auto Transport Service to determine what you will pay in import duties and taxes before your vehicle is delivered. You can also verify the cost by contacting the Oman Customs Authority.
To calculate the cost of shipping your vehicle to Nizwa, you will need to determine which shipping option you will use. Each shipping option will be charged different so it’s important to know ahead of time what will work for you.
A1 Auto Transport Service normally recommends the use of Roll On/ Roll Off shipping methods because it’s cheaper when compared to the cost of container shipping and because it is much easier to do. Your pay for the space your vehicle occupies on the ship only. Container shipping is another option to consider. You will have two choices of sizes; 20 foot or 40 foot. Both sizes will hold your vehicle and your personal/household items as well.
You can contact the Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman to learn more about any import duties and current rules and regulations of importing your vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory