Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Nitra
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Nitra is a city located in the western part of Slovakia. It is nestled in the foot of the Zobor Mountain in the valley of the river Nitra. Nitra is ranks number five in city size in Slovakia and is well known as the oldest city there.
Slovakia has a long history and use to be a part of Czechoslovakia but became an independent country, despite the fact that it is land-locked. If you would like to move to move to Nitra, you may want to bring over your vehicle too. There are several documents that will need to be filled out and you will need to pay any fees set forth for transporting. You need to be aware of all the steps necessary to transport your vehicle over from the U.S.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are two ports that you can choose to import your car to; Port of Gdynia and the Port of Constanta; both are located in Romania. If you choose to have your car and personal belongings shipped in a container, then you will need to account for that cost of shipping and you will also need to have the container delivered by truck to the port. As per Ministry of Finance in Slovakia, to send your vehicle, you will need to make sure you follow these requirements:
- The manual to your car must be kept with your car at all times.
- The mirrors will need to be attached to the car.
- Gas tanks must have a lock on them.
- The steering wheel needs to be placed on the left hand side
- You must provide a detailed list of your vehicle.
You will also need to provide the following documents to import:
- The title to the vehicle which must be free of any liens. If your vehicle does have a lien on it, then you will need to have permission in writing granting you access to transport it over to Nitra.
- You will need to have a bill of sale which states your name as the owner of the vehicle.
- Proof of insurance on the vehicle you wish to import.
- A driver’s license giving you access to drive your vehicle once it arrives.
It’s important that you start the process of verification as soon as you know when you will be shipping your vehicle in order to avoid any delays.
Shipping Rates to Nitra.
If you plan to ship your vehicle, you will have two choices; roll on/ roll off or container shipping. Containers are large in size and can hold your vehicle, including your SUV’s. The shipping container method is expensive so you want to select this carefully. You can place up to four cars inside of one container, depending on the size of the container.
If you decide on the Roll on/Roll off method, then you will be able to import your vehicle and nothing more. Your car will be driven onto the deck of the ship and then secured inside of a bay on the deck. Once it arrives in Slovakia, it will be driven off the ships’ deck. You will be able to keep one fourth of a tank of gas in your vehicle during transport.
Container shipping is a great way to ship everything in one; your household goods and your vehicle. Container shipping is expensive though. You have two sizes to choose from; 20 foot or 40 foot. Container shipping is often chosen by those who have antique cars or a luxury vehicle as this method doesn’t leave your vehicle exposed to any harsh elements of weather.