Nis is a city in Serbia, which is located in the southern part of the country. It is currently the third largest town and center of administration of the District of Nisava. Having your own vehicle is an asset when you are in Serbia as you don’t have to rely on public transportation.
If you want to successfully import a vehicle into Serbia from the U.S. you must abide by the laws. Even though they might seem a bit hard to comprehend, it’s not that impossible to get your car transported to Nis. At the same time having your own vehicle is going to be incredibly convenient, especially if you plan to stay there a lot. You will be able to reach your destinations without having to use the public transport. Keep in mind that driving in Serbia could be quite overwhelming, even though Europe provides great driving conditions.
Ship Your Car to Serbia.
Container shipping and RORO are the most preferred method to ship. They are rather different and it strictly depends on your personal requirements when it comes to selecting the process.
The RO/RO shipping stands for Roll-On/Roll-Off. This suggests that your car is going to be driven onto a shipping deck. However, you have to empty the car of everything. On the other hand, container shipping is going to allow you to transport other personal items with the container. The second way is a little more expensive but it provides you with more opportunities.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to Ship a Car.
Shipping a car to Serbia is going to require documentation and some obligatory actions. As per the stringent EU regulations, the vehicle of import should pass the Euro 3 emission standards, which are known as emission standards. Unfortunately, cars made in USA are not going to receive this certification, although modifications can be the solution. However, you can take advantage of some other options which have to be considered.
- Certification should be obtained at least a month prior to Customs clearance.
- Submit the title, the receipts of Customs levies clearance.
- Ownership proof.
- Visa and residency proof in Serbia.
- Work permit.
- Clear vehicle inspections.
All these things have to be submitted to the Customs department in Serbia in order to get the shipment.
Roll On-Roll Off Shipping.
Ro-Ro shipping is currently the overly preferred method of shipping. The vehicle is going to be driven onto the shipping ramp on the freight ship at the exit point and delivered at the destination. This is where it’s driven off the deck. It’s a safe way to go as the vehicle is properly strapped on the carrier. It’s also the cheapest way.
Using this method would require you to place the car within a container which is then stocked on the freight ship. It’s more expensive but you are going to get great value if you want to transport other personal belongings along with the car. You can choose between 20ft and 40ft containers. It’s also possible to share the container with another person in order to save up some money. However, sharing the container might delay the shipment.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory