Niamey is the largest port and capital city of Niger in West Africa. It lies on the panoramic banks of the Niger River and is the cultural, administrative and economic center of the country.
If you are planning to move to Niamey, and intend staying here for an extended period, you might benefit by importing your vehicle here. As the import regulations in Niger aren’t very strict, it is easy to import your vehicle from USA especially when you are covered by the experienced services of A1 Auto Transport service. However, driving in Niamey can be challenging as the roads are not well-maintained and that is why it becomes mandatory to maintain the vehicle on regular basis.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Limitations on the vehicle imports.
However, there are many limitations and laws governing the vehicle import to Niger. There are some documentation requirements available for importing vehicle from the US. You are not allowed to import any vehicle that is more than eight years old due to emission laws. Additionally, you can never sell an imported vehicle.
When it comes to taxes and duties, there is 19% VAT and about 5% to over 60% import duties that are applicable on the vehicles.
What you need for the importing vehicle.
- Model, make and serial number of the vehicle are needed.
- Used vehicles need to show road creditability.
- Registration certificate.
- Insurance proof.
- Owner’s passport.
- Invoice of purchase.
- Receipt of paid taxes.
- Bill of Lading.
You need to present all these documents before the vehicle arrives at the port and are verified before the Niger Custom clearances are given. The owner also needs to be presented at times of the present car’s arrival at Niamey. If you cannot be present here, you can authorize A1 Auto Transport service to do the required.
Two forms of vehicle shipping methods.
There are primarily two types of vehicle importation into Niger. These methods are safe and reliable and usually accepted at all ports. Depending on what is best for a personal vehicle, and whether you want to ship your belongings along with vehicles or not, the shipping procedure might vary.
Container method is a little bit costly when compared with RORO shipping method. However, it allows the owner to transport other personal belongings with the vehicle is a personal container, after following the regulations in Niger. If you can share the container, it can reduce the price, as well.
RORO shipping is termed as Roll-On/Roll Off method. Here, the vehicle will be driven onto the ship at the U.S port and is driven off at Niamey, after arriving at the destination. Here, the vehicle needs to be empty and the gas tank must only be ¼ parts full.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?