Ngozi is a town which has its location in the northern part of Burundi. It is also the acting capital of the Province of Burundi. Upon relocating in the city, you might want to get your vehicle with you. In order to do so, you’d have to get a shipping agent.
The country has less than 10% of its roads paved and this is why a 4-wheel drive is highly suggested for traveling. Upon deciding that you want to ship your vehicle, you would have to get all the necessary documents and you would have to fill out the paperwork required by the Customs. The shipping company is going to inform you about the closest exit point and they are going to help you pick up the vehicle if you aren’t able to. They are also going to assist you in reaching the entry point in the country of Burundi.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When discussing the details with the A1 Auto Transport service, we are going to help you figure out the entire process in details. They will also help you to clear your vehicle at customs and help you figure out which port is the closest to you. We will explain which the closest port from your city is and for a small extra fee, we can offer door-to-port services where we pick your car from your home and deliver it to the entry point. Prior to shipping your vehicle from the US to Burundi, you have to inform the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency.
In order to ensure that everything goes without any hassle, you’d have to submit some documents to the Revenue Authority of Burundi. These include:
- Original purchase invoice.
- Original registration.
- Car Title.
- Details of your car – chassis/engine number, year of manufacture and cubic capacity.
- Copy of Driver’s license.
Additionally, a Power of Attorney is necessary in order to allow A1 Auto Transport service to transport your vehicle for you from the United States to overseas. You may want to schedule for your vehicle to be picked up and delivered to the nearest port so you don’t have to worry about getting it there in time. Your car will be delivered to the port by an auto agent on your scheduled shipment date.
Apart from that, you’d have to understand the procedures that you’d have to adhere to. Additionally, to the insurance and freight cost, you would have to pay a 4% handling fee and 17% transactional levy. These are based on the CIF. Other documents that you’d have to submit in order to get clearance include:
- SSN (social security number).
- International driving license.
- Title deed.
There are two options for you to choose from when it comes to shipping methods. The first one is the RORO which suggests that your car is driven on its wheels on the shipping deck and then being secured there. This is the fastest and the cheapest way to get your vehicle shipped but you are also not going to be allowed to ship anything else. Apart from that, your car is also going to be exposed to the elements. The second option is Container shipping – it’s more expensive but you get to safely store your car within a sealed container and ship as many additional belongings as you need to.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory