The city of Nezahualcoyotl is named after a famous ruler who was born in the area back in 1402. He served not only as a ruler, but as a warrior, architect, poet and philosopher. For this, Netzahualcoyotl is a city that holds a tremendous amount of history. There is even a bronze casting of the ruler in the Garden of Triple Alliance and a statue in the main plaza.
Nezahualcoyotl is part of the Mexico City Metropolitan Area. This city is high in crime and most of the population is poor. While, this is true, the city still holds a lot of historical value and has many landmarks to see.
What Will I Need for Vehicle Shipment to Nezahualcoyotl?
In order to ship a vehicle to the country of Mexico, one must heed to the policies of the country. Therefore, contacting the Embassy of Mexico is always a wise decision. They will make sure that you are informed of all current requirements. Below, you will find some of the requirements needing to be fulfilled prior to vehicle shipment, as well as the documentation that will be needed.
- Two of the following will be needed: License, Passport, Picture ID, Registered Voter's License, Visa, or Proof of Residency.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
- The vehicle must be no younger than 5 yearsold.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It must have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Luxury vehicles, sports cars and convertibles arenot permitted.
Before a shipment can be made, one must not only fulfill the requirements, but they must decide on a form of shipment. Typically, people choose between RO/RO shipping, container shipping and air shipping. RO/RO shipping is not accepted by all ports, but with over 40 seaports in Mexico, there should be one close enough to retrieve your vehicle at.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.