This is the second biggest city in the country of Tonga. It has its location right next to the Port of Refuge which is a harbor with deep water on the Vava’u coast. The city is also the center of administration in the Vava’u region.
Even though there is a lot to be observed, the public transport in Tonga is not that common. If you plan on staying there for a longer period of time or even permanently, you should consider getting your own car transported. If that’s the case, you should be aware that there are a lot of things to be taken into account. Even though not everything is going to make sense at first, you would have to address every regulation as per the government.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for import.
You are going to have to take care of the following, provided you want to do everything by the book:
- There are restrictions that have to be taken into account if your car is second-hand, vintage or inherited. If you fail to abide by them you might not be allowed to import.
- Proof of ownership.
- IE462 form should be filled.
- Odometer reading.
- Employment permits.
- Registration of vehicle.
- Residency proof.
- Bill of Lading.
Even though it may seem quite challenging, if you take the task seriously, you could easily acquire those documents. You can also check with the Tongan Ministry of Revenue and Customs Services in order to make sure that the regulations haven’t changed.
You are not allowed to sell the vehicle if it is on a temporary permit. Additionally, you have to be staying in Tonga or New Zealand for at least twenty one months before you can apply for importing a vehicle. It helps if you have owned and used the vehicle for at least a year in USA before importing it.
Public transport in Togo.
Tonga’s public transport is rare. While there are means of transportations such as taxis and buses, they are far from bountiful. Traveling around the city is definitely problematic. The roadways are generally paved but they are easily cracked because of the dry weather conditions. This could actually cause damage to your car and you should make sure of the insurance.
What to consider before the export.
You should be at the Port of Nukuʻalofa at the arrival of the vehicle, regardless of the method that you have chosen for the shipping. Most people prefer RORO and container shipping, depending on their budget and shipping requirements. You might want to check whether you need just the vehicle transported or have to send in household goods and other personal belongings.
You can only ship an empty vehicle, when you ship by RORO but when you utilize Container shipping method, you can put your car along with other personal goods, seal the container and then it is uploaded onto the ship. The exclusivity and protection makes it expensive.
This is incredibly important to be present when the vehicle arrives, but if you cannot be there, you should authorize a Power Of Attorney for A1 Auto Transport to pick it up. Make sure that you have all the documents properly submitted so that there are no delays. Contact the Embassy of Tonga to know the latest rules and regulations.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory