The third largest Zambian city, Ndola is the commercial and industrial hub of copper mining region. Additionally, it is considered as the trade and commercial capital of the country and one of the international airports is located here. Geographically, it lies 10 km from the international boundary with Congo.
For those expatriates moving to Ndola from USA, it is advised that having your own vehicle is safer, faster and more economic. Thus, discuss the details of your move with A1 Auto Transport service and we’ll help you at every step till it reaches your new destination in Ndola. There are plenty of benefits of having your own personal vehicle in the city especially as you need to commute to work every day.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Specific requirements for auto import.
It is mandatory to have the Letter of Authority and the permit to import when you ship a car to Zambia. However, the South African Bureau of Standards has to be contacted to get the details and relevant approvals. Cars over the age of 25 years might need further inspection and permits but otherwise there is no limit on the age of the vehicle. The Zambia Revenue Authority does not have any restriction on the age of the vehicle that is being imported. However, the import duty varies on the engine capacity and ranges from 75% to 90% while there is an additional tax that is computed based on the Value for Duty Purposes (VDP).
Submission of pertinent documents.
To validate the import, documents have to be submitted to get the requisite permits. You are required to submit:
- Bill of vehicle purchase.
- Customs Release Notification form.
- Proof of owner- passport, photo ID.
- SABS Letter of Authority.
- Title deed/registration of the vehicle.
- Insurance policy.
- Import Permit.
It is best to get a free quote from the auto shipping company so you know the total cost which will include the freight shipping charges depending upon the method you select. The tow common methods include Container shipment and RORO.
As the term denotes, you have to hire 20 feet or 40 feet container and are allowed to pack the personal goods alongside the vehicle and then it is sealed. Cranes are used to lift and place the container on the ship. This method is more expensive as it offers higher security and protection to your possessions.
Conversely, when you ship by RORO or Roll-on, Roll-Off, you have to ship an empty vehicle devoid of all moveable accessories and personal items. The vehicle is driven on and off the ship and that is why has to be operable.
As rules change with time, it is good to connect with the Embassy of Zambia to get more information and clarify your doubts.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?