Ship Car To Ndera
Situated in the Kigali region in Rwanda, Ndera is a small suburban town located 9 miles from the capital city of Kigali. As per the laws formulated in 2010, vehicle import regulations and registration follow the same pattern as East African Community (EAC) countries.
Thus, when you move here or have to ship your vehicle to Ndera, there are procedures to follow so that there are no delays. There are tax exemptions available on vehicle import and the only category of people that qualify are the returning citizens, diplomats and non-government agencies.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- Title deed.
- Certificate of origin.
- Bill of Lading.
- Work permit for Rwanda.
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle.
- Driving license issued in USA.
- International car insurance policy.
As you are moving from USA, you will be exempted from visa requirements but if you have more questions or need to get clarifications about the import process, contact the Rwanda Consulate. Additionally, when you take the assistance of A1 Auto Transport service, we ensure that all the requirements are met as specified by law. One of our locals hipping agents will be there with you in Ndera to get the custom formalities completed.
Cost of shipping.
The import duties are fixed as per the evaluated price of the vehicle as judged by the Rwanda Custom officials. Usually the import duty is fixed at 24% to 25% with 18% VAT, it is still cost effective than buying a new car here. Apart from that there is a 5% withholding tax and CIF based consumption tax. When you are looking to get an effective price on the shipping of your vehicle, another key consideration is the method of shipping that you select. You have the choice of selecting from:
- Roll-on/Roll-off: This is the cheapest way to make sure your vehicle is shipped to Ndera in Rwanda as you only pay for the parking bay on the ship. It is driven on the ship using ramps at the U.S port and then driven off the ship at port of Dar-es-Salaam in Tanzania and then land transported to Ndera.
- Container shipping: This is perfect for those looking to send in personal goods in the same container as the vehicle. You can hire 20 or 40 feet containers and put everything in it and seal it. The price varies on the basis of the size of the container. It offers higher safety and protection.
Eligibility for shipping and driving.
As per the import regulations, there is no age limit on the vehicle that you want to import but only left hand drive vehicles are allowed within Rwanda. Thus it is best to check whether your vehicle qualifies. The most common vehicle spare parts that can be sourced are of Toyota while the other company’s parts have to be ordered on demand. The roads are mostly unpaved but the major city roads are better maintained. It is good to know about the traffic rules help, but people drive roughly so you will need to be careful.