Naypyidaw is the capital of Burma which is now known as, Myanmar. It is situated in the midst of the Shan Yoma and Bago Yoma mountain ranges. In case you are planning to move to Burma for work or personal reasons, it might be a good reason to import your vehicle from USA to Burma.
However, it important to note that the majority of the roads are in a bad condition which is far from being appropriate for sustaining the overly increasing number of vehicles. This means that there are both paved and unpaved roads so you need to ensure that the car that you are going to import can sustain rides over a rather rough terrain.
However, you should import a vehicle which is easy to maintain as there is a limitation on the number of cars that could be imported within the country. Thus, you might want to import your car instead of buying a new one because the limitation means that the prices of new vehicles are incredibly expensive. At A1 Auto Transport service, we can assist you right from planning to ensure that the vehicle is safely delivered to your new address in Burma. We have been doing that for over 20 years and are counted among the top international auto shipping services globally.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing your personal car.
Importing your vehicle from USA to Burma does not pose a lot of difficulties but the taxes and duties imposed by the Customs Authority of Burma are rather high. They are only exempted for diplomats. For regular folks, the taxes are going to approximate about 300% of the value of assessment. There are a few prerequisites of importing a personal vehicle as well:
- Only left-hand driven cars are eligible.
- Photo ID/driver’s license and a passport.
- Purchase proof.
- Valid insurance.
- Receipt of custom and other paid duties.
- Permit of residency ( copy ).
You would also have to be present at the shipping port as the car owner. Once you decide to get your vehicle imported in Burma, it’s advisable and reasonable to contact the Burma Customs in order to make sure that the process is smooth enough. Furthermore, you might want to undergo the associated regulations quickly in order to prevent any hassle.
You shouldn’t let the required documentation scare you off because there are requirements that need to be adhered to regardless of the destination. Contacting the Burmese Consulate in U.S before you ship out your vehicle is always a wise idea as it’s going to provide you with a lot of current and updated insight.
- Ro-Ro, or the Roll On/Roll Off shipping is definitely the cheapest way to go and the majority of people prefer it. This is a method which requires you to drive the car on the carrier ship at the take-off port and drive it off at the destination. The carrier ships are equipped with specially designed ramps which are going to help you in the process. This is the best method to transport any wheel-based item. It’s also the most cost-effective and convenient way to ship your car to Naypyidaw in Burma.
- Container shipping is another popular choice for people who have to transport other items along with their vehicles. The car is going to be collected at your home or you can deliver it to the depot if you want to spare some money. You can choose from 20ft and 40ft containers. You can fill the rest of the container with personal belongings or you can share it with another person to reduce the cost. This method is a little more expensive because there are more checkpoints.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org