Natitingou is located in the north-west corner of Benin and is fifty kilometers away from the Benin’s Pendjari National Park. This is where tourists flock throughout the year and see a wide variety of wildlife in the West African lands. They can visit the park from December through June.
This area is also well known for The Falls of Tanougou as well as the great mud castles that exist of the Betammaribe, Tata Somba, and are all accessible with a simple drive in the car. The roadways are not always in the best shape, they are drivable for the most part of the year. It’s hard to predict the traffic patterns every day but the main roads are paved. You might have your own reasons to move to Benin but it is recommended that you bring over your vehicle as the public transportation isn’t
Internationally importing your car from USA into Natitingou, Benin can easily be done if you follow the rules and regulations that are designated for vehicles. You will need to complete the right application and show the right documentation in order to clear your application through the Benin Customs Department. By working with A1 Auto Transport, we can assist you with your shipment to Benin and knows the regulations, as well as the language, is spoken there.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Benin Regulations For Auto Imports.
Once you submit the right documents, you are also expected to follow the laws and regulations in Benin. These vehicle specific regulations for import include:
- All vehicles are subject to tax, no matter if they are new or used. This tax is based on the value of your vehicle, at the time it is shipped.
- It is important to include your purchase invoice of your vehicle because it lists the details of your vehicle including the chassis number, engine size, and vehicle identification number. It also lists the year it was produced.
- Only one car per person allowed.
You will need to prepare and submit the pertinent import related documents as proof of your import. These documents include:
- Vehicle registration.
- Lien-free original title.
- Proof of insurance.
- Freight invoice and Bill of Lading.
- Title deed.
You may be asked to present even more documents but having these on hand will most likely help to clear your vehicle and your application. You can always contact the Embassy of Benin in USA for clarity of rules and regulations.
A1 Auto Transport Service will be able to provide you with an estimate of how much your import will cost you. Benin government requires that all paperwork be submitted for approve at least a couple of days in advance of your import schedule date. You will also need to prepare your vehicle so you can avoid any delays or quarantines. Preparation includes steam cleaning your vehicle, removing all personal items, and removing any non-permanent parts. If your vehicle is quarantined, it will be taken to the Port of Cotonou and you will be responsible for paying any additional cost. The total cost of shipping will also depend on the shipping method you choose, the price of your vehicle, and any freight charges. A1 Auto Transport Services can assist you in door-to-port services, which can be added to your total cost of shipping. Our shipping agent can go over the details of this service if you are interested.
You will have two choices of shipping methods to choose from when importing a vehicle to Benin; container and Roll On/ Roll Off shipping.
- Container shipping involves a container that measured 20 foot 0r 40 foot in size. Your vehicle is placed in the container. You will have the option to add any household or personal items to your container before it is sealed up and loaded onto the deck of the ship. This method is the most expensive way to ship your vehicle to Benin.
- Roll On/ Roll Off shipping is the least expensive way to ship your vehicle. It involves your vehicle being loaded onto the deck of a cargo ship and then fastened down for the trip. Your vehicle cannot have any more than one-fourth tank of gas, a car jack, an extra tire, and a set of keys inside the car. You will only have to pay for the space your vehicle takes up.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory