Located in the eastern parts of Uzbekistan, Namangan is the region’s administrative, cultural as well as economic center. It is located in the Fergana Valley. It is also the 3rd most populous city in the entire country.
If you have any intentions of relocating to Namangan or you just need to be there for a few months, having your own vehicle definitely makes sense. However, you should also account for the fact that Uzbekistan is landlocked so there is no direct access to any port and you need to transport it to Iran or India and then it will be driven or land transported to Uzbekistan.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping a vehicle from the USA.
There are some certain formalities that you would need to take care of at the domestic port in USA and at the receiving port in India or Iran. With this in mind, you’d also have to provide quite a few documents. They include but are not limited to:
- International driving permit
- Photo ID of the owner or his passport.
- Insurance certificate.
- Residence or work permit.
- Original invoice of purchase.
- Proof of ownership.
Taxes and import duties.
As far as the taxes go, the cubic capacity of the vehicle is deciding. For those vehicles with less than 1000cc the tax is 20% + $1.8 per CC. For those which range between 1000cc and 1500cc the tax is 30% + $2 per CC. For those which have a capacity between 1500cc and 3000cc the tax is 30% + $2.5 per CC and for those above 3000cc the tax is 40% + $3 per CC. It is also worth noting that you should be present at the day of the shipping in order to pick it up or you need to issue a signed power of attorney to a third party.
Shipping options available.
As we mentioned above, Uzbekistan is a landlocked country so you’d have to ship to India or Iran and transport it from there. Of course, if you go for Air shipping this wouldn’t be the case. However, it is very expensive and the majority of people can’t really afford it. This leaves you with 2 other options:
- Container shipping – your vehicle is going to be shipped with an enclosed container along with all the personal belongings if you need them to get transported. This is a convenient way to ship your car, especially if you have a lot of other items to ship as well.
- Roll-on/Roll-off – this is a method which is quick and cheap in comparison. However, you can only ship your vehicle with absolutely nothing within it but the spare tire and keys, floor mats and car jack.
It is important to be clear about the Uzbekistan Custom department laws pertaining to import of vehicles to Namangan. That is why you might want to contact the Uzbek Consulate in USA before you send in the Letter of Notification about the export to U.S Customs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory