Ship Your Car To Or From Nakuru, Kenya
Nakuru is the fourth largest city in Kenya. It is also the largest center in the mid-western part of Kenya and provides many local attractions to enjoy when you are visiting. If you intend moving here for business or personal reasons, you would want to get the most of your visit, you will want to bring your vehicle with you so you can go when and where you want to go without the restrictions often associated with public transportation.
When you are ready to get started with the shipping of your vehicle, you will need to first contact A1 Auto Transport Service to use their experience to make this as stress free as possible.
Requirements for Importing your Vehicle
The Kenya Revenue Authority, or KRA, can help with any questions or concerns you may have regarding transporting. You will need to pay duties as well as prepare your vehicle for transport. In order to determine the amount that you will need to pay, you can check with the Kenya Bureau of Standards. A vehicle over eight years of age cannot be transport.
The size of your engine will determine the amount you will pay. So this means that the larger the engine, the more it will cost you to transport it. Excise duty will need to be determined in the quote as well. If the vehicle is less than three years old, it can be transported but you will pay Ksh, 150,000. If a vehicle is more than three years old, you can expect to pay Ksh 200,000. You will also need to pay the Value Added Tax, or VAT. Taxes are set at 16%. The import Declaration Fee will cost 25% of the CIF value.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Tax Exemptions for Returning Citizens
If you are returning to Kenya after living abroad, you will not need to pay duty. However, there are a few rules that still apply. These include:
- Your vehicle must be no more than eight years of age
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Have never requested exemption
- Have been outside of Kenya for at least two years
- The vehicle must have belonged to you for a period of twelve years.
To validate your car import, it is necessary that you submit the requisite documents to the customs department in USA and Kenya. You will need to prepare for your shipment by gathering the following documents:
- Proof of residence
- Proof of automotive insurance
- Invoice for any duties that have been paid already
- International driver’s license
- Your passport
- Registration proof
- Title of your vehicle
Shipping Methods to Nairobi
You can choose from two different shipping methods to choose from when shipping to Kenya. Roll On/ Roll Off shipping which involves your vehicle being rolled on and rolled off of the ship for transport. Your vehicle will need to be completely cleaned out prior to shipping. You will need to leave only the floor mats, a car jack, and the spare tire in your vehicle after it is cleaned out.
Container shipping is another option. While its more expensive, this method of shipping offers several benefits including being able to seal up your vehicle inside of a container to give it the best protection while at sea. You can choose from a 20 foot or 40 foot container.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?