The third largest Fijian city, Nadi and has its location on the western side of the main Viti Levu island. The mainstream for the local economy is the tourism and sugar cane production. There are a lot of hotels and motels available.
There is a significant increase in the number of expatriates who come to work and to travel on both temporary and permanent basis in Nadi. It is definitely a lot more convenient if you have your own vehicle available. If you want to get it transport it’s highly advisable that you talk to the A1 Auto Transport service for further details.
In any case, you’d have to be aware that there are exemptions which are only provided to registered diplomatic vehicles. The particular car has to be re-exported once the tenure of the diplomat is thoroughly over.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Fiji Government is going to cancel the registration of the exporting country prior to giving you with a local one. If the cancellation certificate isn’t in English you are going to have it translated and you won’t be able to transfer the car to anyone for five years afterwards. There are a lot of custom duties and procedures to be abided by and we could assist you with those. You are going to have to schedule an appointment with the Customs in order to get the formalities out of the way and you are definitely going to fill out a variety of paperwork thoroughly completed. The procedures are as follows:
- Get agricultural clearance from the Authority of Biosecurity in Fiji.
- Arrange customs clearance.
- Pay the taxes and duties.
- Get the cancellation mentioned above.
In addition, there are different permits as well as clearances that you’d have to take care of prior to getting your vehicle delivered. We have close connections with the Fiji government in order to provide you with quick fixes for these procedures. Their requirements include:
- Clearance for quarantine.
- Owner’s passport.
- Original title.
- Purchase invoice.
- Invoice for export and freight.
- Bill of Lading.
Once your car is cleared you would have to contact the LTA – Lands Transport Authority in order to get through the compliance audit before you can register it. They are going to require:
- Bill of Lading.
- Single Administration Document.
- De-registration certification.
You would also have to consider the shipping methods and if you want to go for RORO you might want to consider stripping the car of all your belongings as it’s susceptible to theft through the shipping process. If you want to relocate other personal belongings you might want to go for the container shipping. We do not recommend packing any goods within your car as the Fiji Customs would require a proper and detailed list of all the goods which have been transported. The VAT that you have to pay is calculated based upon the current market value of the car. If you want to get any further information you might want to go ahead and contact the Embassy of Fiji in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?