N’Djamena is the largest city in the country of Chad and it is a port city directly connected to the Cameroonian town of Kousseri. You will have to fill a lot of paperwork and you would have to be able to produce actual identification as well as vehicle documents and a lot of shipping fees. You should also consider the weather type in Chad which is tropical and prone to rains and storms.
You should also note that you are going to need a 4×4 vehicle if you plan on driving outside of the city because the roads are improperly constructed and rather rugged. You are going to make sure that you carry your passport, your driver’s license and the vehicle registration documents in you at all times because police is authorized to require them if they pull you over. This is due to the highway bandit check-ups.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for motor vehicles.
You are going to have to be aware of those if you plan to ship to Chad. There are very strict provisions on the transportation of vehicles into the country and they are:
- Vehicles older than 3 years are not allowed into the country.
- New vehicles have to show the duty base of the car which is basically the proof of ownership while you live in Chad.
- Used vehicles do not need duty base proof.
- The import tax may come up to 60% of the value of the car depending on different model, year and weight of the vehicle.
Paperwork that’s required.
As per the Customs Department of Chad, you will have to present the original bill of sale of the vehicle and it should clearly state the number of the chassis and engine, Cubic Capacity, manufacturing year and model of the vehicle. Apart from this there are other documents needed for the shipping process:
- Original purchase receipt.
- Title and registration originals.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Social Security Number.
- Non-Sale Certificate showing you have no intention of selling the car.
- Import license for new cars.
- Power of Attorney if you are unable to be present at the delivery date.
Taxes and Types of Shipping.
The final price that you would have to pay is strictly dependant on the weight of your vehicle as well as the distance between the shipping ports and the type of shipping. You can also pick your vehicle at the port or hire a company to deliver it to you from the port and this would increase the cost. The main methods of shipping are:
- Ro-Ro Shipping – Roll On/Roll Off shipping is particularly convenient if you have to ship your car only and no other luggage. The process requires the car to be driven onto the shipping deck on a platform which facilitates the positioning of the car. It is then fastened and placed on the board of the vessel. This is the simplest and cheapest way you can go for.
- Container shipping – This includes your car being placed inside of a container which then goes on the board of the shipping vessel. This is incredibly convenient and it is preferred by people who want to ship other belongings apart from their car. The containers vary in size between 20 and 40ft and you can easily share one with another person to reduce the cost as it is going to be slightly more expensive than Ro-Ro.
There is a lot of information available that can help you plan the vehicle shipment better so contact the Embassy of Chad.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?