Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Mzuzu
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Mzuzu is the capital city of Northern Malawi Region and from the population point of view, it is the 3rd largest in the country. In the southern part of Mzuzu, is the largest artificial African forest, Viphya Forest.
Following economic liberation, the whole country has undergone some major developments. The public transport on the road today includes both private cars and minibusses. The road network in the country stretches 9,601 miles. Almost half of this is paved. Shipping your vehicle to Mzuzu, Malawi seems like a practical choice because of ease of commuting. With your own car to drive, you can crisscross through the other major cities as well. You can save substantially on travel by having your own vehicle in tow.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation for legal import.
Even shipping vehicles to Mzuzu, Malawi is easy with minimal document needs and associated restrictions. You should have at least one-year ownership of the car you wish to ship. Every family has permission to ship only a single vehicle while the document requirements include:
- ownership proof.
- purchase proof and insurance.
- registration certificate.
- car title and lading bill.
For you to import your car its value should not exceed 500k or 500 kwacha, Malawian currency. With A1 Auto Transport service working on your behalf, there is nothing much for you to worry about. You should just be there at Malawian port to receive your car and later drive away once the formalities are complete. Our shipping service makes it all smooth by being there throughout. We will not only help clear U.S. Customs but also remain with you for tax payment at Malawi port.
Shipping occurs in two phases. To start with, we will take your car right from your doorstep to the domestic US port. From here, the second part of shipping will begin. You may choose any one of the two available methods:
- RORO Shipping is the cheaper of the options available to you where the car drives up the ramp to the ship and remains chained to the deck throughout the journey. The space your car occupies on the deck will determine the payment amount. Here you cannot keep personal things inside your vehicle during the length of the journey as it undergoes checks at the destination port.
- Container Shipping is the safer between the two available methods and as such ideal for transporting expensive cars. Two container sizes are available to the customers – one of 20 feet or 40 feet. Besides the vehicle, you can keep other household goods inside the container for transport. For keeping the expenses down you may share the container with others.
To understand and know about the latest changes in import laws and other regulations, browse it further at Embassy of Malawi in USA.