The second largest city and a bustling port, Mwanza is situated on the shores of the scenic Lake Victoria. With a vast network of roads in and around the city, it is easy to commute for pleasure and work. That is why if you are moving temporarily or permanently to Tanzania, having your own vehicle will be an asset. There will be no dependence on public transportation, which will be better. Thus, as soon as you have your residence permit or work visa, contact a trusted shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport Company to start the process of shipping your vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Tanzanian Regulations on Import.
Unlike other countries, Tanzania does not have very stringent laws and there is no limit on the age of the vehicles you intend importing. The only limitation is that if the age of the vehicle is over 10 years, you have to pay a higher tax. As per another rule, there has to be a roadworthiness certificate accompanying used cars and only then the Tanzania Customs will clear it. Otherwise modifications are needed so that the clearances are available. Additionally, there is a 10% to 20% VAT on cars depending upon the value of the vehicle while there is a fixed import duty of 25%.
It is an important fact that working with shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport Company that has extensive experience working with Tanzania government and understands all aspects of the regulations, helping make the process seamless. However, there is some paperwork that needs to be completed and submitted. The essential documents include:
- International driving license.
- Car deed and title.
- Vehicle insurance.
- Owner’s passport.
- Bill of Lading.
- Purchase invoice of the car.
If you are seeking to consider the total price of shipping your vehicle, it will depend upon:
- Method of shipping (RORO/container shipping)
- Shipping company fee.
- Custom duties and taxes in Tanzania.
These are some of the costs that need to be considered when you are contemplating to move your vehicle. There is a difference in price when you compare the RORO and container shipping. If you have a very limited budget, it is best to select RORO as you are only charged for the space occupied by your vehicle on the deck while in container shipping you have to pay for the whole 20 feet or 40 feet container. To know more about the current regulations and limitations for importing your vehicle to Tanzania, contact the Embassy of Tanzania in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory