Oudomxai is another name for Muang Xay which is the capital of Oudomxai Province in Laos. If you are staying in Laos for a long period of time, you may want to consider bringing your car over along with your personal items to make your stay more enjoyable.
Public transportation is nice when you need it but there are several benefits to owning your very own ride while you are there. Before you begin the process of importing your vehicle, you need to know that the task of organizing an import is somewhat difficult and time consuming and may work better if you hire a professional in the field, such as A1 Auto Transport Service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Taxes and Documentation.
You will need to pay any taxes and duties associated with your import and have the right paperwork to submit. You will be required to pay import tax of 40%. There are additional charges for any luxury vehicle being imported. While some countries do not allow it, you are allowed to import your vehicle if it is right handed vehicle.
You will be responsible for any turnover tax and import duty on a luxury vehicle. There is also excise tax to pay. You will need to pay any temporary import charges . All taxes and duties are determined by Lao P.D.R Customs and are based on the following:
- Value of Insurance.
- Freight Charges.
- Price of your vehicle.
- Type of vehicle.
- Size of the engine.
- Age of the vehicle.
- Purchase invoice and details, such as the make, model, chassis, and engine number.
A1 Auto Transport can handle the paperwork so you can focus on moving to your new place in Laos. A1 Auto will consider all the taxes and duties from both the export and importing process. You will also need to determine if you want the Roll On/ Roll off shipping method or the container shipping.
The cheapest way to ship your vehicle to another country is to choose the Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method. With the RORO shipping your vehicle is driven onto the deck of the ship and then fastened down for the trip. Nothing can be left in the car if using this method. If you want to keep your vehicle protected during the trip, you will need to choose container shipping method. This method requires that you load your vehicle in either a 20 foot or 40 foot container and before it is fastened and secured, you will need to add any personal items you may want to ship with your car.
If you want to learn more about shipping options, you can speak to A1 Auto Transport Service or contact the Embassy of Laos in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory