Mpaka is located in the eastern central part of Swaziland, just west of the Lubombo district. It is located only twenty-two kilometers just north west of Siteki on the MR3 highway. If you plan to move to Mpaka for school or work, you may want to lessen the stress of traveling by bringing your own vehicle instead of relying on public transportation.
The cost of importing your vehicle is somewhat affordable when compared to the cost of public transportation versus importing. You will also need to take into consideration the limited availability of vehicles made in the United States that are actively in Swaziland; it won’t be too difficult to import. When considering ports to import to, Swaziland does not have a port so your vehicle will need to go to the closest port which is located in Maputo in Mozambique or it can go to South Africa and then be transported to Mpaka.
When transporting your vehicle to Mpaka, you will need to be aware that there is a bonded warehouse where your vehicle will stay until it can be transported on to Swaziland. This will help avoid paying taxes to a host country while you make arrangements to move your vehicle. Once land transit is available to Swaziland your vehicle will then be transported and you will need to pay all taxes and customs duties that are due for importing your vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation for Auto Import.
Once your vehicle is ready to go to Mpaka, you will need to provide the Swaziland Revenue Authority some documented proof in order to ship without any problems. You will need the following documentation:
- Bill of Lading.
- Proof of insurance.
- Vehicle title.
- Bill of Purchase.
Once your vehicle arrives in Swaziland, you will need to provide the Swaziland Revenue Authority officials, with the following documentation:
- Original Bill of Lading.
- Registration certificate.
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle importing.
- Export certificate.
- Purchase invoice.
- Port charges receipt.
There is 14% VAT which is the standard rate and it is payable before your vehicle can be picked up. You will need to provide documented proof that your vehicle is owned by you for at least twelve months before you imported it to Mpaka. You will only be able to ship one vehicle over for personal use. You will need to submit the following documentation with your application:
- Work permit.
- Purchase invoice which includes all the basic information for your vehicle.
- Any receipts of taxes paid.
In order to avoid delays in shipping, you will need to handle all shipping requirements if you plan to send your vehicle to Mpaka by way of Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method. You will also need to prepare your vehicle for shipping by:
- Maintaining only one-quarter tank of gas.
- Clean the car out and leave no personal items inside.
- Steam clean the vehicle.
- Take a picture and document any dents, damage, or scratches you note.
- Provide insurance certificate.
A1 Auto Transport service can provide the help you need to ship your vehicle over without any delay. With over twenty years of quality customer service and experience in the shipping business, your vehicle will be delivered on time and without problems by trusting the one company who knows what they are doing. You can get a quote after you have chosen the shipping method for you- Roll On/Roll Off or container shipping. These two shipping methods are available for your importing needs. You can also contact the Embassy of Swaziland for further details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory