The panoramic city of Mount Hagen is the 3rd biggest city in Papua New Guinea and is the administrative capital of the province of Western Highlands. This is situated in the Wahgi Valley. There is an old eroded volcano, Mount Hagen – hence the name of the city which is located approximately 15 miles away from it.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing a vehicle to Papua New Guinea isn’t as easy as you might think as there are quite a lot of procedures to be handled. This is why it’s highly advisable that you contact the A1 Auto Transport service which has over 20 years’ worth of professional experience in international shipping. You can rest assured that everything is going to be handled professionally – we can deliver high-end hassle-free import process and get the vehicle imported in the shortest possible terms. Keep in mind that Papua New Guinea is in a tropical zone and thus the humidity is rather excessive – this requires quite extensive car maintenance.
When you ship a car to Mt Hagen, you have to abide by a lot of duties and regulations of Papua New Guinea Customs Department. In order to get the port cleared, you would have to present them with the following documents:
- Driving License issued in the USA.
- Title Deed.
- Passport of the Owner.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Purchase receipt or an invoice.
- Original registration.
Eligibility for Exemption from Customs.
There are a few conditions that you must comply with if you want to be eligible to import the vehicle without paying custom and excise taxes. They are:
- Need to have a residential permit for staying over 12 months
- Have owned the vehicle for a year before the import
- Show proof of ownership
- You need to get through inspections and get a certificate for roadworthiness
All of the shipments are carried out through RORO or Container shipping. If you are importing a very expensive vehicle you might want extra insurance or ship it with a container to guarantee that you are covered in terms of damages. RORO is the cheapest option as there are only charges for parking bay. Of course, there are a lot of limitations when it comes to it because you can’t ship anything but your vehicle and nothing within it. Air shipping, on the other hand, is also an option but it’s particularly expensive. Container shipping is a convenient option if you need to ship additional personal belongings as you can fill the entire container.
The Total Cost.
The import duty which is imposed on vehicles is between 40% and 110% of the cost of the car. There is a 10% GST tax. In order to get a total quote, it’s best if you talk with your shipping agent as they will be able to do so. Keep in mind that you can always contact the Embassy of Papua New Guinea in Washington, DC if you need any further information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?