Mostar is a city in the southern parts Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is scenically situated on the river of Neretva and it is by far the fifth largest city in the entire country.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Mostar
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Mostar||$275||$2700||5+22 days|
|Mostar to (California port) to Los Angeles||$350||$3600||5+35 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Mostar||$400||$2700||5+22 days|
|Mostar to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$450||$3600||5+35 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Mostar||$550||$3600||6+35 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Mostar||$575||$2700||6+22 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Mostar||$675||$2700||6+22 days|
|Mostar to (California port) to Denver, CO||$775||$3600||7+35 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Mostar||$800||$2700||6+22 days|
|Mostar to (California port) to Dallas, TX||$1,025||$3600||7+35 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Procedures for import of vehicles
Before you export the car to Mostar in Bosnia from USA, you are going to need to make some sorts of preparations in order to properly clean the car from the customs. This is due to the fact that it’s going to be properly subjected to inspections before being loaded. Some of the most important things that you would have to take into consideration include:
- All of the car’s antennas should have been removed or retracted.
- You should remove all of the electrical devices such as your CD players.
- You should make sure that all of the windows and the doors are properly closed prior to loading the vehicle on the ship.
- You should get all of the luggage removed because it’s not actually allowed.
Shipping from the USA.
There are quite a lot of documents that you’d need to take into account and prepare prior to the shipment. If you fail to do so you wouldn’t be able to ship on time. There are also different customs regulations which you’d have to abide by based on the different destination ports and different taxes to be paid out in full. The main ports of Bosnia include Banja Luka, Mostar, Tuzla and Zenica.
Documents which are required for the shipping.
As with any import/export, the customs department and other government agencies require a plethora of documents to be submitted before it is considered a legal import. Similarly, you are required to submit these documents before the vehicle is shipped out of US and in advance at Bosnian Customs department.
- Ownership proof.
- Title deed and Registration.
- VAT of 21% once all the documents are verified.
- An insurance policy that holds valid in the new country.
- International driver’s license.
You should also make sure to be present at the day of the arrival of the vehicle in order to get clearance. The owners of used vehicles are actually exempt from duty report if they have thoroughly and legitimately driven the vehicle for at least six months in advance and have the means to prove it. Additionally, the import duty varies from 1% to 15% on the evaluated value of the vehicle.
There is two shipping method for you to choose from when exporting your vehicle from the USA to Bosnia. The first one is Roll on/ Roll off and the second one is container shipping.
- Ro-Ro, as it’s also commonly referred to, is by far the cheapest and fastest water-based transportation method. However, it’s also going to leave your vehicle exposed to the elements throughout the entire time as the car is going to be fastened on a shipping deck on the carrier ship.
- Container shipping, on the other hand, is a bit more expensive but you get to choose between a 20 ft and a 40 ft container in which your vehicle is going to be properly protected. What is more, unlike Ro-Ro you can also ship all sorts of personal belongings with your vehicle.
When you arrive.
Once you manage to get the car in Bosnia, there are quite a lot of procedures that you have to undergo. For instance, you would have to pay the taxes in order to ensure that the vehicle is legitimately entered into the country. Apart from that, you would also have to:
- File registration plates application.
- Get the instructions for driving in Bosnia.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com