The city of Mosfellsbaer is situated about 7 miles from Reykjavík, the capital of Iceland. The district includes the panoramic Leiruvogur Cove that drains into the Kollafjörður fjord. There are three rivers that empty into the cove and they provide numerous possibilities for outdoor leisure activities.
With an increasing number of expatriates and returning citizens moving back to Iceland due to better work opportunities and higher quality of life, you just need to ensure that you move with your vehicle as it will be an asset.
If you are moving there temporarily or permanently you would need to plan in advance in order to get your vehicle transported as well. It is definitely best if you rely on the services of professional shipping agency like A1 Auto Transport is what you are looking for. With over 20 years of international shipping experience, we are more than capable of ensuring hassle-free shipping from U.S to Mosfellsbaer in Iceland.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations and laws.
It’s crucial to have owned the vehicle for at least 6 months prior to the shipping to the country. You would also need to have lived in the USA for at least 12 months prior to the shipping as well. As per the Icelandic Custom regulations it is against the laws to sell your vehicle to anyone else. If you plan to leave the city you would have to take the vehicle with you. Only once the passport and your visa have been authenticated are you allowed to take the delivery of your vehicle. You need to pay 10% import tax and 25.5% VAT apart from other duties. A1 Auto Transport will be able to help you with the exact amount that you have to pay based on the value of the vehicle you are importing.
We are going to work with you in order to ensure that the entire process is seamless and hassle-free. You should understand that any discrepancy might lead to annoying and lengthy delays and that’s what we are going to prevent.
In order to get your car exported you would need to provide the following documents at least 7 days before the reaching of the port. They are:
- Driving License from the USA and fro Iceland.
- International insurance.
- Title deed in the name of the owner.
- Duty Free Importation Declaration ( optional ).
- Residence visa or a working permit.
- Invoice of Purchase.
- Bill of Lading.
Requirements and shipping methods.
The available shipping methods are the RORO and the Container shipping as per your own personal preference. However, there are requirements that you’d need to abide by. You have to have lived outside of Iceland for at least a year prior to the export. Furthermore, before you export the car you have to clear the fees. In order to do so, you need to get a quote from our company so that you are well aware of what you have to pay. The total cost is also dependant on the shipping method that you choose.
Most laws are frequently updated and that is why contact the Embassy of Iceland to get further details about the current laws.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory