The scenic coastal city of Moroni is the capital and the largest city of the Union of the Comoros, one of the smallest nations in the world. Panoramically situated in the Indian Ocean, the roads stretch across the island and it is better to import a vehicle if you intend staying here on a permanent basis or even on a long stay.
There are a lot of documents, procedures and forms to fill when you are importing your vehicle from USA. However, it is essential to consider the weather conditions when you ae planning to ship your vehicle, as the tropical weather conditions can be volatile and delays can happen. Thus, talk with A1 Auto Transport service to plan your auto transport shipment properly. With over twenty years of experience in global shipping of automobiles, we understand the nuances of shipping to Comoros.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
To ensure that the import is legal and as per the standard procedures, there are documents that need to be submitted to the U.S. Customs before the vehicle leaves the U.S port and at the Comoros Custom department, at the time of clearance. The important documents are:
- Clear title of the vehicle.
- Registration documents.
- Ownership proof.
- Insurance on the vehicle.
- Passport and driving license.
- Residency permit or work visa.
- Receipt of payment of taxes.
As there are multiple ports on the islands, the three main ports include Port of Moroni, Port of Fomboni and Port of Mutsamudu. It is important to keep current with the regulations so you may contact the Embassy of Comoros and know more about the documentation and restrictions that are applicable. The cost of shipping is usually based on the freight charges, price of the vehicle and the insurance.
Processes of Shipping.
As most people have a limited budget when they ship, the commonly used methods include Container shipping and RORO. In Container shipping, you can select from two-sized containers and are allowed to put your vehicle inside the container and can keep any personal items along with it. However, it is essential that you do not keep anything inside that is illegal in Comoros. As the container is sealed, your vehicle and property is protected and that is why it is more expensive method of shipment.
Roll-on, Roll-Off is a comparatively cheaper method of shipping your vehicle. The car or vehicle is driven on board, harnessed in a bay on the deck and driven off at the port at Comoros. It is important that the vehicle is completely clean and empty when it is shipped. Thus, to ensure there are no delays, steam clean the vehicle before shipping and only keep the jack, spare set of keys and tire in the vehicle. To discuss the details of the shipping requirement, you can discuss it with one of the representative at A1 Auto Transport service.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?